Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

misscow22 is on a distinguished road
Default Online level 3 course

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am just after a little bit of guidance really. I am currently doing the safeguarding section of the course and I am finding it difficult as some answers seem to go on for pages and pages and others are only a couple of paragraphs, has anyone else found this?
I am doing my course online as I thought it would be easier with having two young children etc, I was very wrong as by the time they have gone to bed I am exhausted and find it difficult to even begin doing any work. I also dont feel I am getting much support from the online course provider as I have been told I have to submit all my units together so I dont even know if the one I have completed is correct. I only have until July to finish it and I am not sure if I will get it finished on time.
Any advice, or anything would be greatly appreciated as I feel alone at least if I had gone to college I would have had others to speak to.

Thank you in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site. If a unit has gaps it'll be returned to you so you will know if they are correct or need expanding.

Check what dates and deadlines your course provider's given you so you can plan ahead for study time, organising your evidence and your assessors visits to the setting, use a separate calendar to mark out your schedule if necessary xx

Enlist the help and support of colleagues in your workplace so you feel a little less alone and check you have copies of all the setting's policies and procedures and a handbook to guide your research - link is to the work based learner edition on amazon.co.uk

To research safeguarding you'll need to know the laws, regulation and guidance, what it says in your early years framework (if you work in England this will be EYFS) what your setting's safeguarding policy states and know your job description or role and responsibilities within the setting.

Hth best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

misscow22 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your reply, the only deadline I have is it to be all submitted by July 2016 which is a year from the day I received all my course information and assignments. I have already found this website very helpful with previous tasks and I imagine it will help me through the rest. I do have various policies and documents from my school and local council and I have a copy of the children and young peoples workforce which I find very useful also.
xx
Unread 11-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

When your assessor gets in touch to arrange their workplace visits can you ask them if they want the individual units sent between now and July to ensure all the criteria of each is covered?

If your handbook is this one - level 3 CYPW you'll also need to refer to the most recent safeguarding regulation that's been published since the book's release.

The vetting and barring scheme once produced CRB documents. This is now the Disclosure and Barring service and offers DBS certification.

Children and Families Act 2014
/ SEND code of practice

The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) code of practice 2014

Working together to safeguard children 2015

What to do if you're worried a child is being abused 2015

Keeping children safe in education 2015

Food Information Regulations (FIR) 2013 requires settings to identify ingredients that fall into 14 different, potentially allergy causing categories. Food category poster

To help focus on what each criteria wants you to do, the verbs thread provides explanations

xx
the cost of ad blockers