Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

dancer311049 is on a distinguished road
Default Use own knowledge of the learners and the curriculum to contribute to the teachers planning.

can anyone help me on this as well as 'Offer constructive suggestions for own role in supporting planned learning activities'

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site, you have first hand knowledge of the children or young people that you work alongside. You also have direct information about the curriculum that your class teacher uses.

'Use' is potentially an observed criteria, can you check with your tutor or assessor if they'll be expecting to see you use your knowledge during their next visit? This could involve how you explain a learning activity to the children, is that explanation based on your knowledge of any outcomes/targets of the curriculum that children are expected to achieve or aim towards?

Offering constructive suggestions might have your assessor seeing how you talk to the teacher about the learning activities, how they went, if there were any difficulties, if things were completed quickly, if you considered your role in all this and were able to adapt the activity to support a child's individual learning style at the time of interaction or maybe for the next occasion.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Kir7sty is on a distinguished road

Explain how your knowledge of the learners and curriculum contribute to the teacher’s planning
Unread 11-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Hi welcome to the site xx

This is asking what you know about the children you work alongside - their stages of learning, any targets that have been set and the feedback that you give to the teacher & so contribute to their planning process.

To read more take a look at page 33 of the Supporting teaching and learning level 3 handbook where it looks at supporting learning activities & how you might do this is your setting.

Hope this helps a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-14-2016, 12:40 PM

KirstyLee is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Use knowledge of the learners and curriculum to contribute to the teacher's planning

Could someone explain to me how this is to be answered, is it evidence based or just a candidate report or both? Also if anyone has an example of how this has been answered it would help me so much as I am stuck on finding a way to answer this question.
Unread 03-14-2016, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Hi, if you write a candidate report you can then submit a copy of the teacher's planning (as a work product/work place evidence) which would then support the knowledge that you're demonstrating in the report.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-14-2016, 02:22 PM

KirstyLee is on a distinguished road

Thank you
Unread 02-25-2018, 04:53 PM

tinytim is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me please, How does my knowledge of the curriculum help me contribute to the teacher's planning?
Unread 06-11-2019, 09:47 AM

SAmin09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
Hi, if you write a candidate report you can then submit a copy of the teacher's planning (as a work product/work place evidence) which would then support the knowledge that you're demonstrating in the report.

Best wishes xx
Hi there, can I ask how do we actually write the candidate report? I am on Level 3 course with Study365. There is a lot to do really in an online course.
I would be really grateful as this course has already been stressing me out