Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Lulubella73 is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 3.4 Promote Children and Young People Positive Behaviour

I am struggling to come up with some reflective log to cover Learning outcomes 4.1, 4.3, 4.4 & 4.5. I think I may be looking to hard into situations as no real bad behaviour has really occured within placement. The only example of bad behaviour was a boy going to bite anoher one and at tha point we introduced a bad behaviour book, if you name appeared within e book twice then you were sent to head!! Wha other examples have people used to cover these learning outcomes.?

Please help this is my last unit and as I hsve not ben witness to nay major incidents I am finding it hard to relate too

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, depending on the age of your children maybe you've witnessed inappropriate note passing/graffiti, name calling, social exclusion from a group. Pushing shoving hitting whilst in a line or sat in one designated area?

Does the book you mention detail triggers or patterns that would help colleagues understand this individual child's actions?

TDA 3.4 Outcome 4 - Be able to respond to challenging behaviour.
Recognise patterns and triggers which may lead to inappropriate behavioural responses and take action to pre-empt, divert or diffuse potential flash points.
4.2. Use agreed strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting.
4.3. Assess and manage risks to own and others’ safety when dealing with challenging behaviour.
4.4. Support children, young people and colleagues to identify the situations and circumstances which trigger inappropriate behavioural responses and ways of avoiding these from
happening.
4.5. Recognise and take immediate action to deal with any bullying, harassment or oppressive behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting.

Policies and procedures of the setting relevant to promoting positive behaviour e.g.:
 behaviour policy
 code of conduct
 rewards and sanctions
 dealing with conflict and inappropriate behaviour
 anti-bullying
 attendance.

Challenging behaviour may involve:
 verbal abuse (e.g. racist comments, threats, bullying others)
 physical abuse (such as assault of others, damaging property)
 behaviour which is destructive to the child/young person
 behaviour which is illegal.

Inappropriate behaviour in contrast maybe to the definition of bad behaviour - is behaviour which conflicts with the accepted values and beliefs of the setting and society. Inappropriate behaviour may be demonstrated through speech, writing, non-verbal behaviour or physical abuse.
Source - cache lv3 pdf

search for the word trigger in the handbook preview on amazon.co.uk page 66/67

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

bear1983 is on a distinguished road

Anyone got any ideas on how you assess and manage risks to your own and others’ safety when dealing with challenging behaviour, for example as in the following:
• verbal abuse (e.g. racist comments, threats, bullying others)
• physical abuse (such as assault of others, damaging property)
• behaviour which is destructive to the child/young person
• behaviour which is illegal
Unread 08-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Hi, you'll always be expected to work within the policy and procedural guidance of your setting, ideally you'll also be trained in the strategies the setting uses for these different situations so you're able to keep yourself safe and those around you.

What do your setting's policies and procedures say about these challenging times?

Would you point out the consequences of the behaviour, remain calm and sympathetic, not take personal offense at what's being said or done. Report, record and share information with appropriate others. Have pro-active ways of addressing any underlying issues and behaviour to prevent future incidents.

Search for the word trigger in the handbook preview on amazon.co.uk page 66/67

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Contributor

slrc93 is on a distinguished road
SOS

I have to fill in a reflective learning log too to answer the following and I'm struggling cos I've not witnessed anything 'bad' or 'risky' ... The question is 'Write about a time when you have supported children to assess a risk and to think about keeping themselves safe. Use 'reflective learning log'.. The log then has 6 boxes.
'Description of activity/incident'
'What went well and why?'
'Actions/improvements'
'How I demonstrated the school policy' - (H&S)
'Feedback to other staff or parents'
'Comments'

The only thing I can think of is in 2 days, on Wednesday, I'll be helping out at their Christmas party. But that's all (and possibly Christmas activities like cards etc?
Unread 06-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tillypup is on a distinguished road

Hi, I could do with a bit of help around this point: 'Explain how you support children, young people and colleagues to identify the situations and circumstances which trigger inappropriate behavioural responses and ways of avoiding these from happening'. I'm studying L3 Diploma
Unread 06-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Hi welcome to the site. Does your setting use ABC forms or other ways to identify why children's behaviour is sometimes negative or aggressive?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tillypup is on a distinguished road

Not that I'm aware of but that's not to say they don't. It's an area that's not come up during time there
Unread 04-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Contributor

Biaspot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1983 View Post
Anyone got any ideas on how you assess and manage risks to your own and others’ safety when dealing with challenging behaviour, for example as in the following:
• verbal abuse (e.g. racist comments, threats, bullying others)
• physical abuse (such as assault of others, damaging property)
• behaviour which is destructive to the child/young person
• behaviour which is illegal

Can anyone help me with 50 words for each of the behaviours above.
regards