Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road
Default documenting pc's

Can anyone tell me how you present your performance criteria on each unit??
Do you collect evidence from you setting or do you write reams and reams??
Im trying to do 402 this weekend - I have done all the k and u qestions which I am really pleased with. I had a problem that in my portfolio as the last 4 questions were missing from my paperwork so when it came to cross referencing them I had'nt done them and couldnt understand why (when my assessor arrives I have a lovely neatly laid out table and by the time shes gone I have stuff scattered everywhere!!):rotfl:

If anyone can explain how they do it I would be really grateful Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

JMNichol is on a distinguished road

hi ya, how u getting along with 402, ive just started gathering information? with the PC's i have to be observed in my setting by my tutor or expert witness to get this signed off. i have to be observed on each unit under each criteria and if that doesnt meet the standard then i have to link it to my personal journal! hope this helps x
Unread 05-24-2008, 07:52 AM
cathys1

I get observed on my pc's too, or have a "professional conversation" or a direct question to answer.
Unread 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM

I think thats whats making it hard for me - my assessor hasnt observed me in the setting yet and I think I could demonstrate the pc's better through what I do rather than writing it down.
I havent really completed all that my assessor left me to do this month - Ive been on holiday for 2 weeks:muted:!!!
I think it was pretty unrealistic anyway!! I have finished off all the k and u on 402 and got together some obsrvations. It was pretty confusing as the last 4 questions for the k and u wasnt in my pack so when I came to cross reference it i couldnt understand why I hadnt done it.
My friend is doing the E123 and E124 and it seems to be a less writing!!
But ploughing on....
How about everyone else??
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

surely the easiest way is a reflective account based on your practice. why you do things connected to the pcs. all of my students do RAs for each unit. you are specifically told ion the cache handbook NOT to turn the know;edge evidence into questions, it will be rejected by the IV and EV
Unread 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
surely the easiest way is a reflective account based on your practice. why you do things connected to the pcs. all of my students do RAs for each unit. you are specifically told ion the cache handbook NOT to turn the know;edge evidence into questions, it will be rejected by the IV and EV
My assessor has told me to answer them as questions we went through each unit question to ensure that i understood them. When i did level 3 about 3 years ago through a college we tackled this differently. I would have written personal accounts covering the knowledge and understanding points. I know that they have changed the format since then
Unread 06-05-2008, 09:03 PM

Yes I too have been told to answer them as quetions but to then reflect and refer to my practice??