Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road
Help SOS very frustrated and ready to throw laptop out of window and quit

Help am going brain dead. i am doing tech cert 005 task b about a new family in setting who are of croatian origin. This is what i was asked to cover

There is a new family started at your setting who are of Croatian origin. They live in a rural area where there is limited public transport and both parents work full-time. The oldest child of the family has autism. Produce a written account which:

- explains the value and importance of an integrated approach to the care learning and development of all their children according to age and ability

- identifies four main potential barriers to participation by children and young people within your provision and how these may be overcome

- explains the possible effects of discrimination on the children and their family

- explains how you can integrate anti-discriminatory and inclusive practice when planning provision for this family

- identifies how your practice can oppose bias and discrimination

- identifies how your practice can promote self esteem and resilience.

i am just getting so bogged down with this not sure how to set it out or explain what i want to say am waffling and not seeming to be getting the points in. AAAARRRGGGHHHH
any help or suggestions would be very very much appreciated
its already late
Thanks you in advance hopefully

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

Very quick first thoughts that only touch the surface:
transport
language barriers
special needs/outside agency referrals/help
arranging meetings at times convenient to working parents
being inclusive to this family - translation, other parents, demonstration, visual keys etc

you have probably already thought of those things!

Sam
Unread 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hi Rhi,

Im not surprised you want to throw the computer out of the window, ive thought of doing something similar myself on loads of occasions but I couldnt afford to buy a new computer lol!!!

I may be able to give you a couple of ideas:

The barriers to participation can be through lack of money (financial difficulties), language difficulties, transport facilities, special needs discrimination, unfamiliar with the area (new to the area) etc. We can overcome the barriers by communication. Communication is essential to improve links between the providers and the communities.
Various sources of communication ie radio advertising, target mail, leaflets in english and other languages, posters and leaflets in the local libraries in various languages, use of intpreters etc.

Effects of discrimination - through labelling, stereotyping and prejudice it leads to a poor substandard service which lead onto verbal and physical abuse and poor self esteem and self worth. Where services do not provide equal quality to different groups of people, it is important to challenge discrimination by raising the issue with your superiors. Does you setting have policies and procedures that promotes equal opportunities for all ie staff, parents and children.

I hope this has given you some idea's, keep going it will be worth it in the end!!!

fluffy bunny
Unread 01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks for all your help, had a few of these points down but have enlarged on it now and hopefully have covered everything. Get very frustrated and a bit disheartened at times but perserverance always pays off. Big thank you again. xxx
Unread 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

1bigsmileyface is on a distinguished road

thank you very helpful, what would we do without Silkysteps!