Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

roxydiva is on a distinguished road
Help SOS The way adults communicate in the setting

hi everyone im on the last bit of unit 301
k3c183, k3c184, k3c185, k3c186 its says about 20.4 p5 and 6 im a bit stuck can anyone please help !!!!! would be much appreciated xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

basia is on a distinguished road

don't know what your questions are but my answers
k3c184 The way adults communicate in the setting has a huge effect on children. Being sensitive to potential difficulties in communicating is essential. This means not making assumptions about the best methods of communicating in any given situation. It is important to be aware that people are different and adults can find communication difficult. Patient is important. Children are sensitive to the way in which adults work with colleagues. They will notice the atmosphere and model their own behaviour on the way in which adults treat each other. When the adults around them are able to collaborate, children will benefit.
When I communicate with adults I always:
-listen to what they say,
-do not assume or jump to conclusion,
-if I am unsure of something or something is not clear to me I ask about it,
-I use “I” statements and explain things clearly.

k3c185 We should adapt the way we communicate with other adults when they have communication difficulties,
-sensory impairment-visual/hearing,
-emotional difficulties-always be sensitive to this,
-speech and language-articulation of speech
-hearing-use sing language,
-autistic spectrum difficulties-might not understand verbal/non-verbal gestures, eg. Nodding, jokes,
-EAL adults-different cultures, understanding written instructions, being ask to write/spell words, avoid putting adults into situations which they found hard to cope.
-I try to communicate clearly with other adults,
-I respect other adults and their views and opinions,
-I use different style of communicating that meet the needs of situation and the person I need to communicate with.

k3c186 To avoid conflicts it is necessary to communicate clearly. Poor communication can be dealt with by writing things down or checking again with someone. Listening to others and explaining things to them will avoid misunderstandings. When dealing with lack of confidence it is important to look for ways in which you can acknowledge the other person’s skills and experience.
Sometimes just listening to others and being sympathetic can help avoid conflicts and misunderstandings.