Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jo88 is on a distinguished road
Default New Person needs some help with Nvq level 3

Hi all,
i am new here and from what i ve seen already this website/people have been a great help.

i only have three assignments of paperwork left to finish and will then have completed my level 3.

im stuck on 1 piece of work that i hope someone can help me with.

Unit 303 K3T1111

Ive got to describe how i would support children through the following transitions in their lives:

a. children aged 0-3 yrs coming into nursery for the first time, or changing rooms. consider the issues around leaving their parents.
b. children aged 3-7 years as they move between setting and into school. consider both leaving nursery into infant school and moving from infant to junior school.
c. children aged 7-12 years as they move again from junior to senior school.
d. young people aged 12-16, consider emotions connected with personal growth, peer pressure and moving on from secondary school.

My mind has gone totally blank with these questions so i hope someone can help me

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site.

K3T1111 has a few threads already posted on the forum that may help. If you use the search page, enter the ref and they should be returned for you.

Enjoy Silkysteps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM

roxydiva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo88 View Post
Hi all,
i am new here and from what i ve seen already this website/people have been a great help.

i only have three assignments of paperwork left to finish and will then have completed my level 3.

im stuck on 1 piece of work that i hope someone can help me with.

Unit 303 K3T1111

Ive got to describe how i would support children through the following transitions in their lives:

a. children aged 0-3 yrs coming into nursery for the first time, or changing rooms. consider the issues around leaving their parents.
b. children aged 3-7 years as they move between setting and into school. consider both leaving nursery into infant school and moving from infant to junior school.
c. children aged 7-12 years as they move again from junior to senior school.
d. young people aged 12-16, consider emotions connected with personal growth, peer pressure and moving on from secondary school.

My mind has gone totally blank with these questions so i hope someone can help me
hi
we got given ours as a chart in 3 sections 1st coloum age range 2nd colum example of transition then 3rd examples of supporting transititon
i did 0-3 and starting daycare then transition from room to room and then how you support them
i then did 3 -7 and transitition to reception and to junior school
then 7-12 moving to secondry school
then 12 to 16 leaving school
hope this helps x
Unread 01-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

basia is on a distinguished road

For children age 0-3 years it is best if they are familiar with the setting, environment before they move to it. So it is helpful when children make several visits first. Very important is to make sure that children make an attachment with a key worker in the new setting before being left there. It is also important for setting to adapt their routine to the needs of the child.

Children age 3-7 have better understanding of what is happening. If they have had good experiences of being separated, they will adjust more easily. But it is still important that they make visits to the setting, meet adults there. All children need to be given time to settle down. If possible they should be put with friends or children that they already know. If children go into a setting and do not know any adults or children extra care is needed. It is good practice to introduce them to children who will be happy to let them join in. It is also important that all the information about the child is passed from previous setting.

Children age 7-12 years may start to express strong feelings about changing setting. It is important that they have the opportunity to visit new setting and can see the positive aspects of any change. Information about children should be passed from previous setting. Friendships are very important so efforts should be made to keep friends together or to structure activities so that children quickly get to know each other. Some children are naturally outgoing and sociable, but others will find hard to make new friends and they may need more help and support.

Young people will find easier to change settings smoothly when they have had some impute and feel in control of the process. It is important for adults not to take over but to listen to young people’s thoughts and fears. It is important to prepare them for the process of leaving school and moving from home. Conversations about their plans after finishing school, and if they move away from home, meeting their needs, supporting themselves may help them understand all the aspects of the transition.
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:40 PM

jo88 is on a distinguished road

Thank you all so much for your help
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:06 PM

rache is on a distinguished road

cn i just say thnxs to basia. that information was helpful xx