Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
unit 51 explain how different backgrounds use communication

explain how people from different backgrounds may use and /or interpret communications methods in different ways

please help thin i am going insane my brain hurts or is that just going back to work after halfterm.

Thanks
T

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-28-2011, 10:19 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
explain how people from different backgrounds may use and /or interpret communications methods in different ways

please help thin i am going insane my brain hurts or is that just going back to work after halfterm.

Thanks
T

Hi,
Just try and think of some of your close friends - your say something witty/funny and they ence and fall out with you - when you didn't mean that at all. They are people that speak your own language, have been brought up alongside you with the same culture and class. So why haven't they understood you?

Now think of the opposite - the language barrier - that could be others from a different region in Britain i.e. Glasgow, Yorkshire or Bristol. They may use the same word with a total different meaning, and that's in our own country.

Now think of someone from another country, some countries may speak more formally, others informally. So when we speak to people we must be aware not to be over/too familiar , equally we mustn't appear too 'cold'.

When we speak, we should use the right intonation (gestures and body language) for others to know we are friendly towards them, and not just 'going through the motions' when dealing with them.

The speed of which we speak could hinder others to misinterpret us, thereby causing misunderstandings, and professionals are often asked to use plain English rather than jargon that only they and their 'club' understand - something that may lead to misunderstanding.

Also, if you are speaking to someone from a different culture/class/ethnicity they may feel they are being treated differently because of the way they feel they are being treated. All the more reason that we treat everyone equally, fairly and without bias.

This is just off the top of my head quickly, you may think of lots of other reasons now.
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

thanks i was struggling with that 1

Thanks

T