Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Theresa1980 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help with unit 305.3

Hi fellow NVQers,
im struggling with this Unit at the minute.
unit 305.3 is all about the policies and proceedures of safeguarding children in your local area. is this things like childline, sure start, children in need, and nspcc? could i maybe research my area on the i internet and write a list of all the places avaliable in my area? :reading:
Then how to recognise possible child abuse....would this be the indicator for example, physical , emotional abuse and neglect and the signs and syptoms?? could i do this as bullet pointed signs and symptoms??
Any hints on how to lay out the answers to this would be fab!
Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

I have just done this, I had to research into my local safeguard children board ( mine is yorkshire) what their polices are as your setting would have to follow them or mirror them in their own policies also had to do

The Children Act 1989/2004
United Nations Convention on the Rights Of the Child does your setting have similar rights for the children,
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2006 and
every child matters EYFS

Try these websites for abuse and bullying
http://www.safekidsbc.ca/indicators.htm)
http://www.kidscape.org.uk/parents/signsof.shtml
I have do this the abuse as a table
Type of abuse and what it involves Covering Neglect, sexual abuse, physical, emotional and bullying
then the other part of the table is physical indicators and behavioural indicators what happens to the child hope this helps

xxx maria
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Theresa1980 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Maria, that info will be a big help :)
I live in South Yorkshire so i suppose the local safeguarding childrens board would be the same. which website did you use??
Theresa
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:02 PM

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

I covered these two questions by direct observation, 305.3.1 and 305.3.2 This was covered by pushing in a chair and lifting bag off the floor so children would not trip on them. If you can relate this to your setting on an observation saves a lot of grief and questions
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:23 PM

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

MIne is north Yorkshire so comes under the york area just put in South Yorkshire safeguarding children board and it comes up with different ones such as Doncaster just have a look :0)
Unread 03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
midget68

my assessor has asked me to do two reflective accounts:
1. of a time you have carried out an activity to help children be aware of their bodies
2. of a time you have explained a change of routine.
i havent done either of these in my setting. can anybody help me.
Unread 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

2. Could be covered if you had a visitor in the setting. That you introduced the visitor to the kids and told them why they were there.
1. A little harder but have you done healthy eating at breaktime. Write up how you encouraged kids to eat healthy etc perhaps