Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road
Default Argh!!!!!!!

I can't find anything on how to describe "code of Practice"
I've googled and asked my manager (who was no help whatsoever)

Help!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Default help with code of practice

hi there
your manager should be shot firstly, why can she not help you !!

Your manager should be able to help you if they are aware of the implications of this as it is the key to implementing Special Needs within your setting

The code of practice i think you are refereing to was implemented in jan 2002 and acts as the key guidance for local education authorities, schools early years educations setting and parents .

if you can get a copy of BTEC National Early years by Yvonne nolan pg 479 covers the code of practice

i will see if i can scan this for you, it will have to be emailed to you as a picture which you can own to read but no little else with

Hopefully send you a private message later - watch this space !! maria
Unread 03-16-2011, 06:52 PM

Default code of practice

hi there

have just goggled code of practice for you and the following website although quite long will give you all the info you need

it is all linked to special needs is the key thing to remember with the Code of Practice

perhaps you need to ask your assessor exactly what she/he wants you to focus on

the website is http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/37...ofpractice.pdf

hope this helps
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks Twiggy :-)
My manager is studying too for an early years foundation degree and she says that she has to find the information herself, so she expects us to do the same..
She has always been a bit funny and not very helpful to be honest.. i prefer to ask the pre-school leader, who is lovely.. she thought that maybe the service standards are referring to the "every child matters" eyfs guidance book and the code of practice may be referring to a surestart book called "A code of practice on the provision.
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Default code of practice

yes she may be right i think you need to ask your assessor to clarify as the eyfs is more relevant but the code of practice 2001 is relating to settings special needs. what is the exact question and does it relate to a special needs unit??
I will send the info depending on this as dont want to confuse you

await your reply
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Think about the service standards and codes of practice in your work. Can you describe them ? Try putting them into your own words so that it makes sense to you.
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM

I ended up asking my assessor and she explained it much more simply :-)
This is what she said.

I can see why you've got confused on this one! The service standards are 'The Early Years Foundation stage' and how you understand these, I would do an overview ( acouple os sentences on each) using the areas of :

1. Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare2. Suitable person 3. Suitable premises, environment and equipment 4. Organisation 5. Documentation (The headings in the framework book).

Some settings have their own Code of conduct for staff, if you haven't then just list the expectations of your role examples of what are usually included are 1. All staff will respect children and treat them equally etc.

Thanks for you help too Twiggy :-)
Unread 03-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Default code of practice

glad that you have managed to work the question out, think its needs rephrasing if that is what it refers to any way good luck,
maria
Unread 03-18-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks Maria :-)