Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

angelwings is on a distinguished road
General question Hi need some help with K3C168 and K3C172

Hi everyone im recently new to all this and am slowly working my way through unit 301 but am really stuck on this question so hope you can help?
why it is important to have clear comm with children and what specific issues are in there in bi-lingual and multi lingual settings?
why is it important to be sensitive to comm difficulties and what examples can you give of ways to adapt your approach to suit different situations and needs?

eek hope someone can help put me in the right direction my brain is dead!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lizalou is on a distinguished road

Prob not gonna be that much help for you but I covered these sections with my assessor during a professional discussion. She said lots of people struggle with this bit so set up a recorded chat for us. We all went along to a timed assesor session and went in one by one and the assesor asked us a series of questions and prompted us with necessary information to help cover all the required points to cover these standards.
Hope this info helps!!
Unread 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

carriesmad is on a distinguished road

Children who are learning more than one language may have developmental delays in communication because they are having to absorb twice as much information. with support their overall development will not be affected.
Unread 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nicolae is on a distinguished road

iv just finished doing this one.
iv wrote somthing along the lines of:
"Clear communication with children is very important whilst interacting with children. If you fail to communicate clearly this could lead to the children being confused and upset. It could lead to the children receiving the wrong information from you. In bilingual and multicultural settings issues can arise if communication is poor"
this should get you started, just go on from this, adding more depth and in your own words.
what could you use to help non english speaking parents/children understand information??
Unread 03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sweepy is on a distinguished road

Hi I am doing lvel 4 nvq and have a similar question. I have to list the specific issues that can arise for children in a multi or bi lingual setting for each area listed: Creativity, physical, intellectual, language and literacy. Any help would be grateful appreciated