Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

SoreHead is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help please - support and appraisal project

I've been doing my support and appraisal project. The first part was about summarising a recent appraisal, and I went onto talk about how this allows us to improve practice, and why it's important to reflect on practice. How confidence can be gained through reflecting.
Then I was hit with 'What difficulties might you encounter when examining your own beliefs, values and practices'

I'm stumped.
I'm reaching the final hurdle, and I think I've just been at this too long..
xD
Any assistance would be appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

What difficulties may you encounter when examining your own beliefs, values and practices?

That yours are different than others. We may share our religious belief with the person next to us, but go home and interpret them differently. So you both pray in the same church, but at home you have different values - their children run around screaming, climbing furniture and are rude, whilst you instil what you see as good manners, respect in your children etc

'Your' values and practices mean your family are very clean and take pride in their appearance, the children next door are 'dirty and often have nits'.

Those children attend your Pre-school -what difficulties may you encounter?

You will have to overcome any prejudices you have, remain professional and treat that child/ren equally and with respect.

We may all have different beliefs, values and practices at home, but professionally you must treat everyone equally, without prejudice and accept children and their families for whom they are.