Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mandy246 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site so any advice or tips on the site would be welcome.
I am presently trying to do Level 3 Diploma supporting teaching and learning in schools. I have only just started it and on unit 301. It is more work than I expected. Any tips anyone can give me on 2.5 (explain how to manage disagreements with children, young people and adults) would be gratefully appreciated. Also does anyone know roughly how much work I should be doing to fullfil unit 301? At present I have done 9 A4 sheets, is this too much?

Please help.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

Taking the time to understand the root cause of the conflict.

Model the response you'd like to see the children demonstrate as they deal with argumentative situations - calm, understanding, accepting of the fact that disputes happen and that that's ok - good even as dispute is an opportunity to express anger and grievances rationally.

Listen and hear what's being said.

Having a previously agreed set of rules governing behaviour can help the children to set their own boundaries and expectations for each others and own behaviour.

Understand instances and triggers of disagreement - learning or educational approach, homework, drinking water access, dietary and medical needs, access to the outdoors and spatial activity, sharing, accusations of bullying, prejudice, unprofessional judgements ..

Acas is good although focusses on workplace settings - This page from Surlingham school's website is excellent - resolving conflicts, disagreements and arguments

You may find your school has a policy and procedure to guide arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution with children, young people and adults.

and if it helps with research maybe see if your school supports/rejects aspects of behaviourism, behavioural theory - operant conditioning, reward/punishment and the animal studies of Ivan Pavlov, John Watson and BF Skinner or the work of Albert Bandura - Social Learning theory & constructivism on youtube is an interesting watch. Scaffolding techniques of Lev Vygotsky and Jerome Bruner help to support children's acquisition of resolution skills page 11 of this PDF is good

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mandy246 is on a distinguished road

Thankyou for replying
Was very helpful.