Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kurjam is on a distinguished road
General question engage in personnel development

================================================== =
Unit help for SHC 32
================================================== =

i am answering the question - evaluate how learning practices have effected practice....

my tutor said to do it as a reflective account but i just do not know where to start, can someone gives me any ideas of where to start ?
thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

I have used courses such as safeguarding, child wellbeing, food hygiene as the learning activities upon which I have evaluated...

For example the food safety course effected my practice, I wash vegatables much more thoroughly knowing that one of the most deadliest forms of food bacteria can come from veggies. I store foods differently after learning how easy it is for raw foods to contaminate ready made foods. This is beneficial for the children as they are less likely to become sick with tummy bugs etc.
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurjam View Post
i am answering the question - evaluate how learning practices have effected practice....

my tutor said to do it as a reflective account but i just do not know where to start, can someone gives me any ideas of where to start ?
thank you

Yes, you can do it as a reflective account - every time you go into work, you practise/carry out your skills whether that is settling a new child in, helping children in creative activities etc.

Everytime you do something such as a painting activity (say over months/years etc) probably without even thinking you may be adapting - something that may be beneficial to you and the other adults (perhaps the way you prepare things) or it may beneficial for an individual child - say you've notice that very small children can't reach the easel, so you will adapt or change either by resourcing a smaller easel so they can reach, or if it is something that is presently too expensive, you'll think about it and think if we hold the paper lower down with a bulldog clip on the side (perhaps not ideal, but they can reach it).

Evaluate - it's all about reflecting - what have you done- that you thought needed changing, had to be changed or adapted? and how did that alter/effect your future/current practice. Did you carry on the old way or the new method and continue to evaluate for any possible improvements or changes you have to make for whatever reasons.

Don't forget to give an example for every answer/statement - writing down an answer proves you've read it somewhere and can copy it out; writing of an example - something that you (or other practitioners) have carried out in your setting shows you understand what they are asking and are able to use in your own practice.