Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road
Default music and movement

for my next observation I have got to do music and movement with the children, I also need to get in some multi cultural if I can does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

Ooh, music and movement/dance classes with pre-schoolers are my favourite!

I tend to pick a theme and then think of some related movement ideas, practising them with the children before putting on some groovy music to combine the moves.

Use of props are popular and look effective - streamers, chiffon squares etc - I'm doing a 'cooking' dance this afternoon with wooden spoons!!:laughing:

Why not pick one of your favourite stories (Goldilocks, Billy Goats Gruff, Gruffalo, Bear Hunt) and I'll give you some dance ideas

Not sure about the multi cultural aspect as this may be a bit forced - you could do a dance about a 'round the world trip'? Avoid too much stereotyping though!:blush:
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road

Ooh we love the gruffalo, I'm sure now you mention it that we have the gruffalo song here will have to hunt it out, but any ideas you have would be much appreciated x
Unread 06-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

Hi Bec,
Ideas for a Gruffalo 'dance'::ballet::ballet:

Mouse - 'scurrying' steps to side with hands by nose, sniffing out the nut
Gruffalo - large, heavy movements - possibly, 3 stamping steps with hands on hips and then 'Roar' with clawing hands
Fox - sneaking around the area with swishing tail - either shaking bottom or using streamers behind
Owl - large flapping wings, with arms and fingers outstretched, running around the area, making an appropriate noise!
Snake - own hands linked and perform 'snaky' move by lifting elbows up and down, wriggle hips and move whole body up and down

The mouse and Gruffalo moves could be used repeatedly - like a refrain/chorus - throughout the dance so that it is like a retelling of the story.

If you can't find the Gruffalo music, just use any fun song - maybe 'Monster' by Automatic ("Who's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster...")
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

maat2 is on a distinguished road
Default Billy Goat Gruff

Do you have any dance ideas for Billy gooats gruff?
We are using this book as our topic at the moment so any ideas would be gratful.