Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road
Default promoting diversity, inclusion and participation

Hi everyone.
I have been asked to write a reflective analysis of own practice in promoting, diversity, inclusion and participation. I know this means that i have to look at my own setting, but would be grateful if anyone could give me some starting points. i am a childminder and only look after a 1yr old for 9hrs a week and a 21mth old, just finding it hard on what i should but down.
Any help would be gratefully recieved found this unit quite hard xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, would it help to look at this from a discriminative angle and some of the whats ifs that highlight how inclusive, diverse and active in promoting participation your setting actually is ..

You currently care for a 1 year old and 21 month old. Supposing you decided you needed children on a full time basis or required a minimum attendance of 12 hours a week? the flexibiliby of your current service demonstrates how inclusive you are ie. you work to offer the hours that your parents request.

What if your resources weren't suitable for the children's ages?
What if your resources reflected your personal cultural background only.
What if your resources were/weren't available when children showed an interest in playing with them?
Can children go where they want when they want to - inside with shape sorters and pushalong toys and maybe outside to play ball and dig in sand?
What if your menu catered only for meat eaters that enjoyed highly spiced foods.
What if you disagree with the babyled weaning programme that a parent has said they're enjoying with their child.
What if you have a preference for cloth/disposable nappies that conflicts with what a parent uses.
What if there are only adult sized toilet facilities available and you are reluctant to buy a step for children to access the loo and sink. As they grow children remain completely dependant on your assistance for all their toileting and hand washing needs.

What if you feel it's inappropriate to ask children or parents about their preferences, cultural background, lifestyle choices, interests as you feel your minding setting advertises its services openly and professionally without their input. How welcome are parents to enquire about your service, how do you show them that your service is culturally aware, inclusive, welcomes diversity and enjoys engaging children in play, planning activities that invites participation.

I hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for your reply has helped loads just needed a starting point. Find this course hard sometimes with me not being in a setting to ask other workers for advice thanks again xx
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pinkz4lyf is on a distinguished road

Can someone help me with this question please.... Demonstrate diversity, inclusion and participation in own work with children in their early years?
Unread 08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

skin03 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS cu1536 4.1

please could someone help me get started with Explain the importance of reviewing own practice as part of being an effective practitioner .thank you