Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jenna is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Childcare Act 2006

How do settings implement this act?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Jenna
Not sure if this will help

Early Years regulation and inspection - The Childcare Act 2006 also reforms and simplifies early years regulation and inspection arrangements, providing for a new integrated education and care quality framework for pre-school children and also for the Office for Standards in Education- OFSTED Childcare Register.

A good start in life is essential if children are to fulfil their potential and high quality early childhood services will result in better outcomes for young children, their families and society. The Childcare Act 2006 takes forward key commitments from the Ten Year Childcare Strategy, published in December 2004.

The three key drivers of the Childcare Act 2006 are:

Reduce child poverty: To support parents to work, and focus on the provision of good quality childcare for working parents.
Reduce inequalities between young children: Focus on supporting children most at risk of poor outcomes because of deprivation and disadvantage and promote social mobility.
Improve wellbeing for young children: Focus on the 5 Every Child Matters outcomes: Safety, Health, Economic Wellbeing, Enjoy and Achieve, Making a Positive Contribution.

Lynne
Unread 05-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jenna is on a distinguished road

Hi Lynne, many thanks for your reply. Im so so confused with this whole unit. Where did u find this info out?

So far I have written this... does this sound okay..anything more to add do u think?

Childcare Act 2006 – Section 40 of this act states that early years providers have a duty to implement the EYFS. We do this by meeting the learning and development requirements when doing our weekly planning and we also comply with the welfare requirements.
Section 99 of the Childcare Act 2006 also requires that early years providers provide information about the assessments they carry out to local authorities. Local authorities are under a duty to return this data to the DfES (Fair Play For Children, 2006).
The assessment requirements are that: All providers must make arrangements for each child within the final year of the EYFS to be assessed throughout the year by a practitioner – Our setting does this by allocating each child with a designated key person who is trained to assess and record the child’s development. We use these observations and assessments to identify learning priorities and to plan for appropriate and motivating learning experiences for every child in the setting. We match every child’s observations to the expectations of the early learning goals. Before the children leave to attend school, staff assess their key children against the 13 scales – this is both a requirement from the EYFS and the Childcare Act 2006.
Unread 05-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Jenna,

i use google to get alot of my info then i click on a few websites and if it shows nothing i keep rewording my search until i find it.

Yeah what you have written sounds fine to me, i didn't have to do this section think it was done during a discussion when we disscussed the Eyfs and legislation.

We though the safeguarding unit was hard just can't get my head around alot of this struggling with a couple of things but will ask at work tomorrow because my tutor is in on tues so want to finish unit off.

This is where i got the info on;
http://www.derby.gov.uk/ChilldrenSch...areact2006.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childcare_Act_2006

i am struggling with a couple one is an emergency policy and procedure for 4.1 in the same unit and the other which i might have done but unsure if it is enough is:
Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements.

The UN convention on the rights of any child clearly identifies the rights of the children and young people to learn and develop into adults and be protected from harm, so it up to each setting to protect all children in their care from harm. There are 54 articles about the rights of children and they are there to protect children under the age of 18.
Each child is an individual who makes choices and likes to experience different areas but they don’t have the experience or the skills to make safe choices. The carers therefore identify any potential hazard and judge if it is safe for the child to continue but the child needs to have a balanced approach of risk to continue to develop and make choices of their own with consequences (if any).
The adults role is to encourage the child to explore, learn to make choices and have their voice heard when decisions are being made that involve or affect them.
Health and safety regulations may sometimes put a limit on those freedoms, so for the child's wellbeing and safety we may limit their options. Always give the child an explanation of their actions if you are not allowing them to do the activity that they would like too. If a child is in significant harm during this activity, be as genuine, honest and realistic as possible, explaining it clear and precise at a level, and age/stage appropriate why they can’t do this activity. If the child is not in significant harm but they might still hurt themselves explain the consequences of them taking part in this activity,

Not sure if its enough!

and have done some of this unit
4.2. Identify the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, signs of illness and other emergencies.

I'm sure we will get there in the end (hopefully)

Lynne