Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

cutiepie2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp 3 Outcome 5 Help Please

Hi all I am now doing EYMP 3 outcome 5
Identify balanced meals, snacks and drinks for children in their early years, following current government guidance on nutritional needs.
I have spoke a bit about balanced meals etc and have planned a menu for children in the early years But I need to add a veggie option for my lunch meals and I am struggling to think of things from the came old stuff such a veggie curry, veg stew etc it all seems rather bland can any one help me out please?

Also stuck on
Identify the dietary requirements of different cultural or religous groups
Describe methods of educating children and adults in effective food management..... Portion sizes tacking over and underweight children and food phobias.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Natalie.jane3 is on a distinguished road

Hi have you thought of similar meals to non-vegetarian children, for example if the children were having lasagne; the vegetarian child could be given a vegetable lasagne so they are having a very similar meal.

Or children with allergies such as lactose intollerance They can have cottage pie the same as other children as long as it has been prepaired seperatly without dairy. Same for dessert, they can have a lacto free yoghurt.

Muslim children generally cannot eat pork due to religious beliefs- sausages bacon ham etc..

Islam beliefs Halal (this means lawful or allowed) If a halal animal, eg cow, is not slaughtered in accordance with Islamic law then the meat becomes haraam for Muslims. Haraam means unlawful or forbidden.

Jewish beliefs Kosher (Jewish people eat the following foods mentioned in the Bible:
1. Fowl/poultry: eat only those known by tradition not to be in the list of forbidden fowl in the Bible e.g. chicken, turkey, duck, goose.
2. Meat: only from animals that chew the cud and have a fully cloven hoof e.g. cow, goat, sheep; but not pig, rabbit, camel, horse etc.
3. Milk and eggs: only those from kosher animals/ fowl (as mentioned in 1 and 2).
4. Fish: only those with fins and scales (eg no shellfish)
5. Meat and milk: it is forbidden to eat meat and milk together, even two separate foods at the same meal.
6. Meat and poultry must be slaughtered according to Jewish law, by a trained religious Jew, and ritually cleansed of blood)

Hope this helps!! best wishes x
Unread 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

libby1966 is on a distinguished road

please can anyone help me on this question. Identify the dietary requirements of different cultural and religious groups. this is my first day here and my first post
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps.

If you use the search page and enter cultural dietary needs you'll find other helpful threads.

If you have access to a level 3 handbook titles on amazon.co.uk there is extensive information on religious groups and their cultures/cultural dietary and lifestyle needs.

A recommendation in the Cache level 3 book is to find out the dietary needs of one religious group that's different to your own Pg 298
Groups include:
----- Jewish
----- Muslim (Islamic)
----- Hindu
----- Rastafarian

There is then vegan, vegetarian and pescatarian groups that for moral, ethical and through personal preferences have differing dietary needs.

Hth, enjoy the site xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

libby1966 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps.

If you use the search page and enter cultural dietary needs you'll find other helpful threads.

If you have access to a level 3 handbook titles on amazon.co.uk there is extensive information on religious groups and their cultures/cultural dietary and lifestyle needs.

A recommendation in the Cache level 3 book is to find out the dietary needs of one religious group that's different to your own Pg 298
Groups include:
----- Jewish
----- Muslim (Islamic)
----- Hindu
----- Rastafarian

There is then vegan, vegetarian and pescatarian groups that for moral, ethical and through personal preferences have differing dietary needs.

Hth, enjoy the site xx
ty so much that helped bme loads x