Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
General question Hiya, new to here and already desperate for help

Hiya, have only just joined the forums so hello everyone!
I have just started my CYPW Lev 3 Diploma and am doing early years pathway.
I am totally new to the world of Early Years and pre-school practice so have thrown my self in at the deep end.
I am doing the course through our local college who are using EdExcel not City and Guilds. Is there anyone here who is doing the Edexcel course?
I am really struggling even with unit 1, have already asked assessor to re-schedule her next visit.
I have basically been given the course folder and book by penny tassoni and that is it, have not got to go into college at all it is all home study and minimum of 16 hours work placement. There is no guidelines of how to present information or anything - soooo confused. Have shed many, many tears and am pretty much ready to jack it in
The practical side at pre-school is great, love it and get really involved with all aspects but the coursework is crippling me.
My next bit is Unit 1 2.3 - Theorists. Ok so I have lots of info on them but what do I put on paper.
Sorry for the huge post but here's hoping someone can help me

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

liz4999 is on a distinguished road

Hi I assume that you have the Edexcel candidate log book and that you are looking at CYP3.1.2.3 looking at theorists and educational frameworks - such as EYFS, The childrens act 2004. Also look up theorists and link them to your work, such as Reggio Approach which heavily influences the EYFS and Vygotsky also influencial in early years. Just use the criteria heading from the log book and take that as your heading. If you have 'the childrens and young peoples workforce' book all of this information is in there along with other Theorists. hope this helps
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:35 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i would very very strongly urge you to go back to your provider and do a level 2 course first. you have missed all of the building blocks and will find every single week very hard. You would never do an a level in physics without doing a gcse why on earth do you think that learning about the most complex system on the planet is easier than physics?
take control

go back tell them that as a newby to the profession you need to start at the beginning and be assertive about it if not this will get harder and harder and nothing is orse than failing. seize control learn from the bottom up whoever signed you up should be shot i suspect it is to dop with money but you as a learner and our children as the guinea pigs to your learning deserve 100% better.
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz4999 View Post
Hi I assume that you have the Edexcel candidate log book and that you are looking at CYP3.1.2.3 looking at theorists and educational frameworks - such as EYFS, The childrens act 2004. Also look up theorists and link them to your work, such as Reggio Approach which heavily influences the EYFS and Vygotsky also influencial in early years. Just use the criteria heading from the log book and take that as your heading. If you have 'the childrens and young peoples workforce' book all of this information is in there along with other Theorists. hope this helps

Thanks for this, is it ok to put the info across in anyway you feel suitable such as tables or essay.
Have just heard back from my assessor and she is impressed with everything so far so just need to keep going but replies like this are fab and really helpful.
Really appreciate it - thank you
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi ya,
Im doing the cypw L3 with EDI, mine is also homebased with no college! and little support. Are u doing understanding child and young persons development 2.3, if so the book is very helpful and there are lots of useful websites on the theorists. I have been asked to produce revision notes for this unit as it is assessed through a multiple choise test, my revision notes might as well be an assignment as ive produced 5 pages and no where near finished, lol. Nice to see someone working on the same unit as me thought I was on my own!! Good luck.
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM

Hi,

Yes it is 2.3 Theories of Development and frameworks that I have hit a wall on
The book has so much info in it and apparently I can put the info across anyway I want so have no idea what to do.
It seems amazing that different course providers do things so differently.
I can use tables, essays, charts etc.. as long as it provides evidence of learning blah blah.
I found the development pattern etc.. so much easier, which probably means it was wrong :scared:
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Hello gracygrey

I too have come straight in at level 3 like you. I have to admitt, I would be struggling without the 6 hours a week in class.

The training I have received in my job at a Children's Centre has been invaluable too.

All of my fellow students have done a level 2, they covered theorists then, so they have a platform where as I will have to spend more time researching.

Try kidsdevelopment.co.uk for some theorist info

Hope this helps
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:20 PM

Now I am truly confused - firstly my assessor says that everything I need is in the workbook by Penny Tassoni but when I said it seems like I am just rejigging the book with some extra bits thrown in she went a bit mad saying make sure not to do it????
What the heck does she mean then?
Think I might transfer to PATA to continue the course as she is being no help at all.
She has told me to complete Unit 2 by her next visit but gave me guidance at all, and on reading the unit content I am already lost.
I am now counting on my managers at pre-school to help which seems unfair as they are busy enough already.

I am sure with a bit of guidance it would all be a lot easier surely being totally left to get on with it is not right
thanks
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:59 PM

liz4999 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you are using the Tassoni book a little too much!
A good way to use it is to read through the relevant sections , think about how it links to your work and knowledge - if you dont have the immediate knowledge(which not many of us do!) do some research, then write it up.
It is hard work but it is a BIG qualification, I have been a childminder for 5 years and have been on lots of training courses which helps, if you are new to Early Years there is a lot to cover.
Perhaps you might be better changing to a course that you have to attend, I go one evening a week for 3 hours and it does help, just to be with other people doing the same course and talking about the units and we are from Secondary school, Primary, Preschool, nursery and childminding and the different inputs really help.
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:25 PM

josie7 is on a distinguished road

hello
im doing level 3 and i not long fiished my assignment on the theorist, jean piaget,john bowlby and a couple others, if you google the names then the internet gives you lots of info and also i brought the book, how children learn which is an excellent book for this assignment. hope this helps good luck xx