Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

adele is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help please

Hi got my last few questions that my assessor has given back to my to add bits on, i'm 7 months pregnant and think i've defiantly got baby brain lol my mind has gone blank so could really use some help please.

K3D289 - In what circumstances might you need to change the routine or activity? How would you need to adapt the routine or activity?

I've answered the question but my assessor has asked my to write down a specific example of adapting an activity, how and why?

Any help would be really appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Both those "my" 's are meant to say me - defiantly baby brain !!!
Unread 03-14-2011, 09:14 PM

gatesholland is on a distinguished road

we did a body painting activity last week with our 1-2yr old and one child would not touch the paint would go near it so we changed the activity by putting her in wellies and a rain coat then she joined in, she doesnt like getting dirty and messy has a big fear of it so we adapted/changed the activity in a way to suit all. something like that may be ok just think if you had to change anything, also we had to change our routine the other day as we had a fire drill so snack and nappies where done the other way round as we were outside for fire drill at nappie time so had snack outside instead and done nappies when we came in at our normal snack time. hope this helps
Unread 03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele View Post
Hi got my last few questions that my assessor has given back to my to add bits on, i'm 7 months pregnant and think i've defiantly got baby brain lol my mind has gone blank so could really use some help please.

K3D289 - In what circumstances might you need to change the routine or activity? How would you need to adapt the routine or activity?

I've answered the question but my assessor has asked my to write down a specific example of adapting an activity, how and why?

Any help would be really appreciated.
In what circumatnaces might you need to adapt?

For the age and stage of a child. i.e.

you provide painting using easels - good for tall 3 and 4 year olds, but not so good for smaller or 2 year olds.
How can you adapt?
By either providing a smaller easel - or if you can't afford one use a table - covered with paper to protect it.

If younger children find it hard to control longer brushes, adapt by proving shorter stubbier brushes.

You may also adapt this actiivty to allow children to use their hands and/or fingers to create their own artwork.

You may adapt activities such as a sand pit on a stand, you might provide sand in a container at floor level younger children can reach it, and other children like to play at floor level.

Whatever activity you are providing, you are probably automatically adapting and changing things to ensure all children are given equal opportunity to take part.
Your assessor would like you to give her some examples of when and why you change or adapt.

You may provide an activity and add/adapt things/procedures to take children's schema or interests into consideration..
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:35 PM

Thank you guys this helped a lot, handing it all in tomorrow then that is the lot i'm finished and can start concentrating on my new little arrival :)
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele View Post
Thank you guys this helped a lot, handing it all in tomorrow then that is the lot i'm finished and can start concentrating on my new little arrival :)
Adele, wow, so ur finished ur level 3, how long did it take u to finish? aw good luck and congrats on concentrating on ur new arrival