Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak View Post
please help me with this 2 questions m going

303.1.4 Discuss the observation with the children to be observed and respond appropriately to their views, according to their age, needs and abilities

and

303.1.6 Use appropriate techniques to observe children, covering all required aspects of their development and their behaviour.

i know the techniques to observe but i dont understand the bit whre it says aspects of their develop.... and their behav....?
This one can appear tricky with the age group you are working with. When you observe your little ones do you praise them and repeat by telling them what they have just achieved - that would be including them. Does not fully cover this critera you could go onto say with older children how you would involved and take onboard their views. For example with 3/4 year olds many settings involve the children with sticking photo's into personal learning journeys and discuss with the children what they have achieved and maybe ask - what can we do next with the child, children.

Your observations should cover all developmental areas (aspects) and include the children's verbal and non verbal behaviour in your observations. If your observations cover these, you have met the criteria.

Good luck

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rak is on a distinguished road

Thank you pip squeak, thats a good help i can now extend my ideas
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip squeak View Post
Rak - as you have completed K3D218 - you do not need to do 219,220,221

But 217 you do need to do - have you completed a child development chart? That is usually given to cover 217.
Hi Pip Squeak,

I havent done a child development chart, im really finding it hard to do 217? i need a starting point, am just going round in circles, i kind of know what its asking for but i dont know how to start it. do i have to make a chart as in with rows and and colums or what?
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi wendy,

i havent been feeling too good and stressed out with this work and if i dont finish on time il have to repay, which i dont really fancy!

iv got 4 more units to finish, am stuck on unit 303 and 304. the hardest am finding is 303, K3D219 1-20, K3D220 1-16 and K3D221 1-17 iv got that started since january and am just going
Definately only the section which relates to your age in 303 for these questions. K3D218 is 0-3yrs, K3D219 is 3-7yrs K3D220 is 7-12 and K3D221 is 12-16yrs
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyGem View Post
Definately only the section which relates to your age in 303 for these questions. K3D218 is 0-3yrs, K3D219 is 3-7yrs K3D220 is 7-12 and K3D221 is 12-16yrs
hey wittygem, thanks for your info, i still need to do 217, like i said in my other thread, am really confused regarding the child development chart? any help will be appreciated!!!
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
hey wittygem, thanks for your info, i still need to do 217, like i said in my other thread, am really confused regarding the child development chart? any help will be appreciated!!!
Hi rak

Mainly you need to follow what the criteria says for 217. Across all of the age groups listed 0-3,3-7,7-12,and 12-16 You need to cover either as a write up or table form.

Showing detailed knowledge & understanding about children & young people’s expected patterns of development. The pattern of development includes the expected order or sequence in which development takes place, the development you would expect to see & the usual rate of development.

Your must show you know & understand development,as listed below, in all of the age groups:

• Physical development
• Communication development
• Intellectual development & learning
• Social & emotional development
• Behavioural development

Do you have the L3 handbook that will help guide you. There is also as lot of information on this site covering child development / 303. Anyone know the best way to use the search facility on this site to access this information quickly??
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:38 PM

rak

go the search at the top of the page, next to new posts, red letter box. Click on search, then type in child development 0-16, there are a number of posts giving links to very useful information, which will help you complete 217.
Unread 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM

thank you soo much pip, i know how to do it now ta
Unread 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip squeak View Post
Hi Rak

You definitely only have to complete one of these in 303. As mummy edwards says, complete the one relevant to age range of the children you are working with.
Hi pip, my assessor marked 217 and 218 but she said i have to do 219, 220 and 221 as the course is for birth to 16yrs. and today am working with babies but down the line i may work with another age group thas y i have to do it.

urgh looks like am going backwards rather then forwards with my work, soooooo stressed with it now
just need a shoulder to cry on!!
Unread 03-31-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Hi pip, my assessor marked 217 and 218 but she said i have to do 219, 220 and 221 as the course is for birth to 16yrs. and today am working with babies but down the line i may work with another age group thas y i have to do it.

urgh looks like am going backwards rather then forwards with my work, soooooo stressed with it now
just need a shoulder to cry on!!

Hi rak

You completed the child development assignment, excellent well done. That you do need to complete across the age range 0 - 16years.

But ... for 218,219, 220,221, the standards handbook clearly says "select one of the following four age ranges that covers the age range you are currently working with ....."

Which awarding body are you with - do you know?

You should have contact details for your training provider - I would give them a call and explain the problem. The information you have been given is incorrect.

Let me know how you get on