Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 308 - Help children support each other through challenging activites

I raised this question the other week, unfortunately got no replies (other than my own to bring it back on the list)!lol

pc6 - Help children support each other through challenging activites and achievements

pc8 - Demonstrate honesty and opennes in interactions with children.

Could you give me an idea as to what they mean? I think it's just the way the questions are worded, i can't get my brain to work

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi

pc6 may be how you encourage children to use words and actions that support each other. Smiling, clapping, eye contact, back patting, urging on, congratulating, celebrating success and positive consolation when needed - next time, another go, try a different way ..

pc8 be honest, and open, explain reasons why something can be done and why something can't be done.

Hiding behind less than open or honest reasons in ways that maybe adults hope will protect children, or if maybe it prooves/has prooved to be easier for practice could be detrimental to a setting's aims. It's possible the reasons will make children more vulnerable in situations when safeguarding skills/self awareness & preservation are most needed and prevents practitioners from examining practice to improve on it.

As an example..
If a child asked to go outside and play what reason might be given if a provider didn't think it were possible at that time.

Too cold, unsafe, cars pose a danger, insufficient or inappropriate clothing, raining, too close to home time/collection, not enough staff for outdoor assistance.

Which would be open and honest replies.

Is it too cold?
Do cars pose a danger?
Is it possible to organise suitable clothing?
What damage could rain do, what can be done to limit damage?
Can parents collect from outside or maybe change a session's closing activities to engage more interest?
Does staff deployment need reviewing?

I hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road

thank you for replying......much appreciated
x
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shells and bells is on a distinguished road

Children supporting each other is more valuable than adult interaction. Team building exercises, and this means supporting each other clapping, shouting support, back patting or commiseration when things don't go as planned. Children will often support others in disagreements, or when they are unhappy.

Displaying openness and honesty is very dependant on age , and their
emotional and development. You have to bear in mind childrens understanding of situations is not as complex as a adults. So keeping explainations clear and of their understanding is very important.

I do hope this has helped.

shelley