Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sweepdustypan is on a distinguished road
Default national and local guidlines, policies and procedures for safeguarding

A breakdown of national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect the day to day work,both with children and young people and within the new worker's role

---------------------------------------------------------

For Safeguarding Guidance
Page 161 of the EYE level 3 handbook

Keeping children safe in education

Working together to safeguard children 2015

What to do if you're worried a child is being abused 2015

Protection of children Act 1999

The Disclosure and Barring service

The Children Act 2004

Identify your settings policies and procedures that relate to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

franbeck1 is on a distinguished road

National and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding that affect a practitioner’s day to day work relating to;
Childcare practice
The Education Act 2002 poses a duty on education authorities to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people. This affects my day to day work as I must be aware of the child protection procedures at all times, such as how to spot the signs of abuse, how and who to report my concerns, how to maintain a safe school environment, be aware of the health and safety of children and to be able to undertake any training required of me.

Child Protection
In my settings policies and procedures for safeguarding it states that all employees, volunteers and students should be properly vetted, which includes checks into the eligibility and the suitability, and that crb checks should be carried out. If I didn’t produce a crb check to make sure I didn’t have any criminal convictions or to check my suitability to work with children and young people then I would not be allowed to work in my setting.
Risk assessment
Risk assessments are an important factor in safeguarding children and in my day to day work, before I carry out any activity with children and young people I am required through my setting policies and procedures to carry out a risk assessment first to make sure all involved is safe, for example, if I were to plan an activity, such as an art and craft activity I would need to risk assess the potential danger of scissors, small objects, i.e beads and amend my plan accordingly to suit each individual.
Ensuring the voice of the child or young person is heard
Advocacy safeguards children and young people and protects them from abuse and poor practice. The government developed national standards for advocacy practice to ensure that children are able to speak out and have their views heard. The national Standards for the provision of children’s advocacy 2002 is this standard. This affects my day to day work as I need to know how to access advocacy services should a child require it and a child can request that I act as an advocate for them and in that case I will need to know where to look for support from the advocacy services.

Supporting children and young people and others who may be expressing concerns
Following my settings policies and procedures, if a child or young person were to express any concerns I would in my day to day work show a child that I am taking them seriously, that I am here to listen and have empathy, I would reassure the child that I will help in any way I can, I would record the conversation following the correct procedure, I would not make promises, or say that what has been discussed is confidential, I will not come to my own conclusions or ask questions and I would seek support and advice from the designated child protection officer.

This is what i wrote and this assignment has been signed off!!!! it was a nightmare this one!!! xx
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:06 PM

sweepdustypan is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy

Thank you for your guidance. It has helped me alot.
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:49 PM

lindamgzs is on a distinguished road
Default Confused!!

I am so glad i stumbled across this thread! I am sitting here at this hour on a Saturday night desperately trying to get my head around this unit!! Im doing an home study version of this course and so thankful i have this forum for some guidance!! I have just finished the previous task which was explaining child protection in the wider concept and so i related it to my placement and included some copies of policies etc. Now that i have read this next question i am confused as feel perhaps i should use the evidence for this instead!! Oh not a clue!!!!!!
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM

Stoke1994 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much! this as been a life saver, you are a star franbeck1 xx
Unread 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM

amlcak is on a distinguished road
Default analyse the correlation between national guidelines and legislation with local procedures and how they impact thay have

can someone help me ..analyse the correlation between national guidelines and legislation with local procedures and how they impact thay have on the settings policies and procedures
Unread 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Leoni87 is on a distinguished road

This question has several parts. The first thing to do is to break it down and understand what it is actually asking you.

The key word here is ANALYSE. The definition of analyse is to break the topic down into separate parts and examine each part. Show how the main ideas are related and why they are important.

The next word is correlation. This just means the relationship or connection between the two. Do they follow the same path, based on the same principles etc.?
Are the local guidelines based around the national guidelines and legislation? If so, how?

You will need to research national guidelines and legislations, local procedures and your settings policies and procedures in relation to the topic.

The last part of the question is asking you how these guidelines impact your settings policies and procedures. How do they influence/affect the policies and procedures that are in place in your setting?

Legislation is law so must be adhered to. Guidelines are there to give an idea and suggestions, they can be interpreted and used as a platform to help shape policies and procedures.

Lastly you need to say how all the separate parts are related and why they are important. In regards to children's care, development and learning, everything is linked. Development affects learning, care affects learning etc.

When I was doing my course, I realised you have to try and cut through the confusing way the questions are phrased and understand what the question is really asking. If you look at this question again, what it is really asking you is this:
What is the connection between national guidelines/ legislation and local guidelines, break down that connection in separate parts, inspect these parts thoroughly and explain why each part is there (what does it mean? What is the reason for it?) then look at how these guidelines and legislation affect the settings policies and procedures and explain how the main points are related and why these points are important.

Good luck �� I really hope this helps!!!
Please let us know how you get on!!

Leoni. ❤️

Last edited by Leoni87 : 09-14-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Sorry �� using a phone to post is not ideal.
Unread 10-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tinytim is on a distinguished road

Just started my level 3 diploma, can not thank you guys enough for the info you share. Was totally stuck in a rut regarding this thread. :-) thank you so much!!!