Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 09-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

todite88 is on a distinguished road
Default Are any of you havong to do your GCSE too?

:( I could cry...
The NVQ work can sometimes boggle me a but but the truth is I enjoy it. I enjoy learning about my occupation to improve as a practitioner for the children in my care and to be a strong member of the team.. But I'm having to do my maths GCSE along side. I couldn't get into a college they're all full so doing it with my training group. There is just not enough teaching of the subject I find it really hard to teach myself maths online..makes me feel like giving up everything because it makes me feel so angry ad stressed after I've taken some time to do it..due to feeling stupid still x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-28-2015, 06:36 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you do NOT have to do it alongside it is not an entry or exit requirement you can do it next year. don't put yourself under extra stress and don't be bullied. next year go to a proper college enrol early
Unread 09-28-2015, 06:57 PM

todite88 is on a distinguished road

Really? But will my NVQ work stand for anything until I complete the GCSE? I'VE paid 450 pounds to do this GCSE with my training group and I want it back! They said I had to do it didn't tell me I coulld do it with college..when I found out I could it was too late! I love my Jo and my workplace and my NVQ work but the maths on top os too much. X
Unread 09-29-2015, 07:02 PM

yes you will be a level 3 but not on the ratio like now but as soon as you get yr gcse you will be. you shouldn't have to pay for ANY gcse they are completely free at most colleges. tell them you want your money back do the l3 this year then gcse next they of course get paid for you doing it by you and prob by gov too,
Unread 10-04-2015, 11:33 AM

caroline-28 is on a distinguished road

ive just started level 3 and i need to do maths and English gcse after to be counted in ratio but i will be qualified as a level 3
Unread 10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

GemMarchant is on a distinguished road
Me too :(

I am currently getting quite far into my Level 3 (EYE) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm employed full time in my setting and absolutely love it. At the same time I'm doing maths and really struggling to fit it all in. I am doing an evening course at college, maths was never my strong point and I'm starting to feel really snowed under.

I don't understand how by me having a certificate saying I've got a c grade at maths makes me a better practitioner?

I was told in the beginning that it was an entry requirement for level 3 then i was told it was an exit requirement, now I'm reading that you have to be working towards it?? So I'm totally confused by the whole thing.

I also read that there was a decline in the number of people taking up their level 3 due to needing maths, surely the government should take note of that ?
Unread 10-30-2015, 09:53 PM

Fact. You need to have it to count on ratio but this is for your employer yo police and it will be dropped they dont give a dam. So not entry not exit but when you can. Do it next year my lot are.
Unread 10-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

GemMarchant is on a distinguished road

Hopefully it'll be dropped. It's true though, even my employer thinks it's ridiculous.......English you can sort of understand will be needed as it's used on a daily basis for observations and assessments etc........ even basic maths you can understand but a c grade at gcse is just silly.