Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Kathryn t is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy My course seems different

Well done!! My course seems so different to everybody here!! I don't do assignments. I was so sick of one part of 317, left it over night and even text my assessor and said I am completely stuck,asked hubby he is an assessor and a an I,v different subject though, came on here and was more confused, suddenly looked at it again and the penny dropped. I had never heard of occupational standards!! But the advice on here was excellent once I realised what they are. I already have a level 3 in childcare and education but playwork is very different. If the gov get their way children will be in school for more hours and my job as a deputy at an after school will be over.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

marshy is on a distinguished road

All your courses sound so different, mine is all on line and my assessor only calls out every 4-5 weeks, I started in september and have to finish my may! i am about 60% done but am really stuck atm, my course is the C&G Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) for Wales and Northern Ireland (4222-33) what are you all doing?
Unread 02-20-2014, 07:52 AM

Must all be different for the different jobs we do I work in before and after school and hols
Unread 02-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Fiona5 is on a distinguished road

First assignment done and dusted, first observation done and dusted... Just need to crack on with the policies assignment :( looks daunting.. I have started it, but it s huge... have a good weekend folks, it s already started here in Abu Dhabi... :)
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:35 PM

Default Nearly finished diploma in playwork level 3

I have one more meeting with my assessor on the 12th march, but that will be just signing off. After 6 months of hard work my life will mine again. This site has been amazing when I have been pulling my hair out. To all who are still at it good luck. Wish me luck handing it in!! :jump:
Unread 02-21-2014, 08:41 PM

Mrs Williams is on a distinguished road

Good luck!
Unread 02-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

SandyK is on a distinguished road

Hi Mrs Williams, I am 56 and I hear exactly what you saying and feeling. The first half of my studying was a nightmare, partially I think as you say being an age thing, but also the fact that I have not studied in years and it is amazing how things change. Us golden oldies are fantastic in everyday things and common sense etc but the world, rules and regulations etc change rapidly. I also found myself going into far more detail than what was really needed. I too spent hours researching, reading the same thing over and over causing confusion. I convinced myself to push through as you never know when you may need that piece of paper as proof (certificate) in the future. The Government keeps changing things, causing more paperwork etc, so please push through, you will be pleased once it is all over. I complete next month and believe me I can't wait and my life does not sound as busy and hectic as yours. Thinking of you. Sandy
Unread 03-29-2015, 01:20 AM

Joyful is on a distinguished road

I'm 58 and just starting mine. I am a foster carer and have to do it in 6 months. Just researching unit 1 x
Unread 10-28-2015, 01:52 PM

Letiticia is on a distinguished road

Yes 42 2 kids work full time it a nightmare 😴😴😴😴😴
Unread 10-28-2015, 04:12 PM

CSD.Cazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Williams View Post
Hello - just wondered if there are any other people my age (I'm 56 and won't be finished until I'm 58!) doing the Level 3 Diploma? I've got behind because I missed the last week of the christmas term as my daughter had a uni interview so I've got to catch up on that, plus I've just got the H&S assignment which is huge - I feel like chucking it all in.

I'm finding it hard juggling everything - disabled husband, 18 year old daughter (lots of taxi-ing), the course one night plus the assignments. I'm also given the teaching assistant tasks at my placement. I'm in school every morning from 8.30 am until 12 noon.

I can't decide whether to ask the headmistress if I can stay on without doing the training and just carry on as a volunteer, I do love being with the children, it's just I am finding it so hard to do all the written work, can't seem to get it down in my own words and spend ages reading lots of different information then it's midnight. Think it's just my age?
Hi hun, no it's not your age, it just feels that way. Im also in my 50's and yes i'm finding it hard to fit it all in.
Don't be to hard on your self, and so what if this course takes you 18 months, imagine just how proud of yourself you'll be when completed.
I know the youngsters of the day are just flying through this course, which again makes me arghhhhhhhh. So lets show them that us oldies are just as capable as them.
If you need any help with any of the course, use this site chick, it's amazing..
Good Luck, keep your head up :)