Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Anne123 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS HELP!!!! Unit 067 Professional Practice in early years setting

Can anyone help me answer these questions? The last ones I need to do to complete this unit, and I don't know what to write about.

2.1 Identify current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years

4.3 Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenge encountered in professional practice in early years settings

Also 4.2 Undertake a reflective analysis of own practice - Do I need to write what I could do better in general, or would this be done during an assessment with my assessor or could I use reflective analysis after I do an activity with the children?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, does your setting conduct appraisals? or provide feedback about your professional performance and practice? these would be good documents to support a reflective analysis xx Alternatively can you contact your tutor to ask what they're expecting for this or if these sample self-appraisals are suitable to use.

The policies, your home nation's framework and influences that you identify for 2.1 are what you'll look at with greater depth in 2.2+

Unit 067 also called EYMP 4

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13388

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16511

4.3 - http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16030

You'll also find information in a level 3 CYPW handbook

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Anne123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruthierhyme, that thread is a great start for 4.3, and now have some ideas of things to write about.

For 4.2 - I am currently in between settings (my preschool closed in July and I will be starting a new placement in September) So I'm not sure about appraisals yet. We did complete some in my previous setting, and I have done some reflective practice with my assessor in the past, but I'm not sure if these cover it or not. I will try to get in touch with her and ask, but she works term time only! Was being a little impatient and hoping I can get all my written stuff done before end of summer holidays.

For 2.2 - I was planning on explaining how the following have impacted on our current polices, frameworks and practices. Will these cover 2.1 as well, I thought they might but I wasn't totally sure. Will these be enough to complete the outcome, or are there any I have missed?

KEEP (Key Elements of Effective Practice)
EPPE (Effective Provision of Pre-school Education)
Every Child Matters
The EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
The Start Right Report 1994
The Children Act 2004
The Childcare Act 2006
Seamless Transitions: Supporting continuity in young children’s learning
Next steps for early learning and childcare: building on the 10-year stategy
Bichard Inquiry 2004
Laming Report 2009
REPEY (Researching Effective Pedagogy in the Early Years)
Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 (SENDA)
SPEEL (Study of pedagogical Effectiveness in Early Learning)
PEEP (Peers Early Education Partnership) Birth to School Study 2005