Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 07-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sweepdustypan is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 3 examples of the rights of the child

=============================================
Find help and support for this criteria on outcome 4 of CYP 3.3 safeguarding
================================================== ====

Give three examples of the rights children, young people and their carers have in situations where harm or abuse is suspected or alleged

D3 026

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

I picked a couple of sections from work i have done which might help you these are:

This includes the right from protection from abuse, the right for the individual to express their views and listen to them. Disabled children should have the right to be cared for and services put into place either if they are living at home or they live away from home.

An explanation of the rights those children, young people and their carers have in situations where harm or abuse is suspected or alleged.

Child/young person’s rights.
  • A child has the right to be protected against significant harm (children’s act 1989, every child matters 2004, United Nations Convention on the rights of the child etc).
  • A child/young person has the right not to be subjected to repeated medical examinations or questions following suspected abuse.
Children should contribute their own account of their own views, they should be listened to and within certain circumstances these should be applied, but when a child is in significant harm then you would look at the child’s best interest to make them safe. They should be fully informed of everything that is happening to them, they should be consulted sensitively.

Parents / carers rights.
  • The parents, carers have the right to be informed of suspected abuse and have the right to know what is being said about them and to contribute their own views.
If a child is in significant harm, parents/carers have no rights when it comes to confidentiality within information sharing to the right agencies (social services).

Hope it helps

Lynne
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sweepdustypan is on a distinguished road
Smile D2 026

Thank you very much Lynne, you have been a great help.

Spometimes when you are stuck , you just need a couple of pointers to get you going on the right line book sometimes isnt enough
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:57 AM

Hi

Yeah i agree you sometimes need other people's views and when you read their views you automatically think oh my god it was that simple. On occasions i have struggled with the most simple sections of a unit and somebody view have helped put it into perspective.

Just about to add a post because i'm unsure of a question and how much detail to put in otherwise i'll write pages and pages.

glad i could help.

Lynne
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

misswellyboots is on a distinguished road

i too was stuck on this thankyou lynne :-D
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswellyboots View Post
i too was stuck on this thankyou lynne :-D
Your very welcome
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

scoobydrew is on a distinguished road

thank-you for this post. i have been doing stls diploma level 3 since September. this safeguarding has been the worst. this is the first time I've used silky steps to really get into a question. your post has really got me going the right way
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sami is on a distinguished road

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much this really help with my assignment
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sandysue is on a distinguished road

thank you so much i have been stuck on this for ages, love this site