Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ColletteHoare is on a distinguished road
Assignment 036 key barriers to behavioural, social and emotional development?

I am banging my head against a wall on this one, I know it is probably quite simple but maybe it is because I have been ill for the past month with this flu that is going around and I just cant seem to shake it but I really can not find what I need to finish this off.

An identification of a minimum of THREE key barriers to behavioural, social and emotional development that are experienced by children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.

I have looked at all the other sites that have been recommended previously and still cant find anything.

Please can someone help by putting it in laymans terms what I have to write so I can move on.

Thank you so much in advance for your help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

Children with communication needs may:
-have speech that is difficult to understand
-struggle to say words or sentences
-not understand words that are being used, or the instructions they hear
- have difficulties knowing how to talk and listen to others in conversation

This can affect behavioural social and emotional development because:

-Children and practitioners may have trouble understanding what the child is trying to say. We may not be able to help them with any problems they may have or explain something they may not understand.
-The child will have trouble conveying points to people and asking for help; they may try to express their frustration in less positive ways.
-If they have trouble understanding the words others say then they will not behave as practitioners’ request of them, or play harmoniously with other children.
-Social development will slow when children cannot hold a conversation or play together.

Hope that helps :)
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if it helps a little more you can identify barriers via the categories of institutional, environmental, personal/professional and attitudinal.

Barriers exist where attitudes that fail to see the benefit of supporting children's slc needs are present - importance of early identification on talkingpoint.org.uk. Attiutudes towards behavioural, social and emotional development where children experience speech, language and communication needs and the importance of challenging discrimination can be found in SHC 32 promote equality and inclusion unit.

Personal/professional barriers are where practitioner's are unable or unwilling to develop their practice to recognise childrens' SLCN and as such a barrier is put in place that prevents children from continuing on with their own individual patterns of positive behavioural, social and emotional development.

Institutional barriers are ineffective policies and procedures that prevent referrals and assessments of children's needs being made. Institutions are also places that can value their workforce colleagues by ensuring barriers to training are removed and as a direct result ensure children who experience speech, language and communication needs do not also experience situations where their development is negatiely affected.

Environmental barriers can be local service provision and the ease of accessing those services - transport for provider & child to reach each other, funding, availability of resources and physical space of a setting to include equipment that supports children's development.

Staffordshire's behavioural, social and emotional difficulties is an excellent read.

Inclusion development programme is archived national guidance on education.gov.uk

CYPOP 22 unit on OCR.org.uk

Hth a little more
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruth, the OCR link looks helpful.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/images/72456-l...fficulties.pdf
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ColletteHoare is on a distinguished road

thanks everyone, hope this will give me the assistance that I really really really needed
Unread 09-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

shazz73 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help with this please? Explain physical social and emotional barriers to communication and their implications . Refer to theorist!!! This is what Im finding difficult the theorist part . Thank you.