Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alicet is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Identifying hazards

Hi I'm trying to finish my Level 3 Diploma but have got brain freeze I have to fill a table about identifying Hazards in various situations and I noticed that you have completed your course any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Hazard- Environment, Security, Firer and Food Safety

POTENTIAL HEALTH & SAFETY RISK TO CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE, FAMILIES,VISITORS AND COLLEAGUES.

EXPLAIN HOW THE RISK IS MINIMISED

I have to fill in the boxes for each of the above.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

liesldv is on a distinguished road

Think about things you do in your setting to make it safer for example do you wipe up spilt water? Why do you do it? To avoid slip hazard. Could toys lying on the fall be a hazard? Trip hazard possibly? Poop in the outside play area. Sand fallen from the sand tray. Sweep it up to avoid children, staff etc slipping. Do you wash fruit before you serve it to the children. Why? Why is the settings doors locked? Is there any toys etc in front of the fire exit? How will you rectify?

Not sure I helped but might get you thinking.
Unread 10-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Thankyou so much, I've been trying so hard to complete my course and doing too my at the same time I've gone blank, but this has helped.
Unread 10-05-2014, 12:04 PM

tracey44 is on a distinguished road

Hi sorry for late reply in my setting we do a daily risk assessment inside and out.
We have a cleaning cupboard which must be locked at all times. Monthly fire drills how much info do you need I will see if I can help in more detail x
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Default Level 3 Diploma

Hi thanks for the info, it's helped to kickstart my brain again. I'm trying desperately to finish, but struggling with bits and my Tutor is on my back now which is not very helpful.
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:28 PM

tracey44 is on a distinguished road

Hi let me know what you need help with x
Unread 10-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Default Level 3 Diploma

Hi I only have my case study to do but as I'm not in School and doing Agency work it is hard I've sent the info to you . any help would be great.
Behaviour Management Case Study

A case study is an excellent form of evidence to show how you support a child with behaviour difficulties

The following are suggestions that you might find useful in preparing the case study for a child with whom you work to provide evidence of your knowledge and your role in supporting the child or young person

You should ensure that the case study does not name the child or young person, as confidentiality is very important. It may be appropriate to ask a member of staff if you need to seek permission from school or from parents of the individual who is the subject of a case study.

You should begin your case study with a pen picture of the pupil
Short introduction – age, sex, family background
Particular behaviour difficulties such as Autism, ADHD or Emotional and Social Needs

Give a general overview of the features of the condition or difficulty and how the child compares with this, that is, the particular features that the child presents.

Your support role
IBP – How are you involved in this
How you help them to review their behaviour
Statement – hours of support, particular lessons
Any special programmes you use
Liaison with other staff – SENCO, class teacher, outside agencies, home/school book
Differentiating tasks – give examples
Behaviour – behaviour targets, ground rules, expectations, rewards and sanctions
Feedback to class teacher on strategies used
Any barriers they encounter and how you overcome these
Think about what you do with the child or young person and write it down

:bawling :HELP PLEASE.