Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

justme is on a distinguished road
Help SOS safe gaurding

Ok so I'm doing the CYPW level 3 but couldn't find the right board so I guess I will post it here.

I'm stuck on core 3.3 3.2
Policies and procedures that are put in place to protect children, young people and the adults who work with them.

My tutor gave us a power point which just says these are the following policies and procedures put in place. But I'm guessing she's what them explained in some way even though she hasn't stated in the power point what we are meant to do with them. So I don't know if I'm on the right track so I'll paste one of my examples below

Power and position of trust- your responsibilities with in your job role and what duties you are being trusted with. You are not allowed to take responsibilities on that your job does not entail. This mean not completing tasks that you are not qualified to do e.g. organising, changing and updating a child’s personal files officially is a managers role. Your responsibility maybe to ask parents to fill in forms to update information and ensure these are passed onto the manager immediately. Taking on roles that you are not your responsibility especially without being asked, is breaching your power of trust.

But now I'm looking for
Physical contact policy and can't find it any where help please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-25-2015, 04:32 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the question is about policies and procedures you need to find them in your setting and match them to the question
what policies ensure you don't abuse trust? or power

if you don't have the policy in your setting find one that does.
Unread 02-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

justme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
the question is about policies and procedures you need to find them in your setting and match them to the question
what policies ensure you don't abuse trust? or power

if you don't have the policy in your setting find one that does.
thank you so does that mean I've gone the wrong way :/ I've spent ages trying to make sense of it because she didn't say what to do with them
Unread 05-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KinggLovee96 is on a distinguished road

Don't know if this could still be of any help to anyone but I just finished my course and i wrote this;

In every childcare setting both parents and practitioners should know where to access the settings policies and procedures. The policies and procedures protect both the staff and the children.
Safeguarding Policy:i wrote about my settings policy and added

Practitioners know the signs of abuse and can act on what they know in a professional and confidential way. All children need some form of physical contact when they hurt themselves or if they are upset, such as a cuddle.

Nappy Changing Policy: Ensuring you are wearing a new set of apron and gloves for each nappy change, as well as spraying and wiping the nappy mat with anti-bacterial spray after each child, prevents infection. Who changed the child’s nappy is also recorded in a book, in case it is needed for reference due to any allegations made by a child.

Whistle Blowing Policy: If you feel that a certain member of staff isn’t doing their job properly/inappropriately, you can then protect the children by “whistleblowing”, and raising your concerns. This protects other practitioners as you know you have raised your concerns and if nothing is done and it keeps happening, then it is of no fault of your own.