Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

filomena87 is on a distinguished road
Default Professional support?

please I'm stuck in these questions I need a help

1.3 Explain the importance f using both the indoor and outdoor environment to develop children's physical development
1.4 Evaluate sources of useful information in supporting children's physical development
2.1 Explain the importance of undertaking assessments of children to support their physical development
2.4 Explain how physical development is implemented trough the combination of adult-led and child-initiated activities
2.5 Explain how holistic plans support access to physical activities for every child in the setting including those with specific requirements
4.1 Evaluate how own practice has contributed to children's physical development
4.3 Identify training and development needs for self to improve performance in provision of physical

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Katonargh is on a distinguished road

Hi there Filomena87!
This is my first response on here, I've been using Silkysteps for some months now and finally found a question that I've answered that I might be able to help with. I hope this is of some use to you.
(It's not exactly what I wrote but hopefully it'll guide you in the right direction)

1.3 Explain the importance of using both the indoor and outdoor environment to develop children's physical development.
Outdoor environments can provide children with lots of space, places to explore, experiment, discover, be active and healthy and develop their physical abilities.
If a child was to JUST use indoor environments what would the effects be?
(For example, lack of vitamin D which could cause sever asthma, it could affect their physical growth rate and such)
If a child was to use the outdoor environments what are the benefits?
(Can freely climb, run, kick, throw, jump, learn to ride a bike which will in turn help to build their leg muscles and co-ordination)
Indoors development (how I see it) is where fine motor skills and basic gross motor skills are developed - they learn to grasp things whilst indoors such as bottles, toys, they put things in their mouth for sensory development, and they learn to crawl and walk. You wouldn't put a baby on the concrete floor outside to teach them to crawl, because it'd hurt their knees, but you would indoors on a carpet etc. A child will learn to walk before going outside and going onto a balance beam.
It's important to find the balance between both in order for a smooth physical development.

I hope this helped you somewhat, and that it atleast made sense :)!
I have 21 questions until I finish my course, and I have like 7 days. I hope you get to finish yours soon, keep going!
Unread 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Katonargh, a warm welcome to the site. Can you please provide a link to your source of information about a lack of Vitamin D & it being responsible for asthma.

Whilst there's professional interest in vitamin D, as far as I know there's not yet any proven association between the 2, asthma is a defensive reaction that happens within the 'wind pipes' to a range of stimulants/triggers including environmental factors such as air-born allergens - what is asthma on asthma.org.uk and on NHS choices

Vitamin D does have a direct impact on bone development & growth. A deficiency or lack of Vitamin D can contribute to the development of rickets which softens bones, resulting in their malformation - google image search

Vitamin D, calcium and rickets on NHS.uk

Best wishes with your study
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Katonargh is on a distinguished road

Hi Ruthierhyme, many thanks!
I found it mentioned on several links (hinted at the research behind it, rather)
https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/heal...itions/asthma/ and also http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/284602.php
and also a more reliable source (NHS) http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/05May/Pa...re-asthma.aspx

Thank you very much for your wishes, I'm almost there :)!
Unread 04-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, yes, I read those. You need to check with your tutor if you can submit work that quotes the particular research undertaken in Israel by Dr. Ronit Confino-Cohen and also if USA/Californian sites can be included as acceptable sources in your coursework.

The NHS page, states ' ”Sunshine vitamin 'may treat asthma'”, BBC News informs us, as a new lab-based study suggests vitamin D could help control symptoms of severe asthma.

and then

The BBC correctly points out that treating asthma patients with vitamin D “has not yet been tested”

Hth
the cost of ad blockers