Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road
Cypop 15

this is my last unit to complete and im finding it very difficult. im getting frustrated and upset cos ive only got one week left to complete my course.

has anybody got any information or websites that could help me please?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

ican
chatter matters
literacy trust
theres loads including the eyfs!
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:05 PM

ok thanks, ill have a look at them
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

xjuliex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry-lou View Post
ok thanks, ill have a look at them
Hi Kerry, have you completed 1.2 and 1.3 in cypop 15 seem to be getting no where with them and need to hand in on Monday. any help would be great. thanks
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:44 PM

yes i have. finished them last night and finished my course today! i'll have a look later cos my work is on the other laptop. x
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

xjuliex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yes i have. finished them last night and finished my course today! i'll have a look later cos my work is on the other laptop. x
thanks Kerry-lou, that would be wonderful, these are the last question I need to answer for Monday ,when im seeing my tutor!!! hopefully will be signed off to then.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM

hia xjuliex sorry for the delay, been busy packing for holiday as i go today!

1.2. Compare the differences between strategies based on children and young people’s strengths and abilities and those based around the child.
Strategies based on children’s strengths and abilities are chosen by what has been observed this then can be used to base activities on what the child is interested in, these can also be based around the child’s age and stage so they are appropriate to that child.

Strategies based around the child for example, adapting your own language are strategies that can be used for all children, regardless of their strengths and abilities.

When working on an activity that involves a child's communication skills or use of appropriate language you should always try to match less able children and more able children together so each child has a fair chance of being heard and no child will feel they are better or not as good as other children. By doing this each child gets the full experience of an activity and it also helps to promote self esteem.

1.3. Provide examples of how current research evidence supports positive practice.
Communication is vital when working with children and young people. Positive practice involves the practitioner showing a genuine interest in what the children and young people have to say, giving them time to speak, making them feel valued and that everything they say is important no matter how little or insignificant it may seem. If they felt like it was important enough to share then it is important to listen. Communication is a key factor in children’s learning and development and it has now been made more of a priority over others areas of learning within the EYFS.

Dame Claire Tickell’s report stated that communication should become a prime area with greater emphasis on making sure children have the basic social, emotional, communication and languge skills they need to learn and thrive at school and into later life, for example, being able to make new friends and listen effectively. By having communication as one of the three prime areas of development it will mean that any difficulties children may have in their language, social, emotional or physical development are picked up at a much earlier stage and that agencies can work together to provide timely support needed.

The EYFS also helps the practitioners to plan around the child giving them time to support their individual needs. The EYFS states ‘that practitioners must encourage children to recognise their own unique abilities and be valued as an individual’.

Within my setting we follow the recommended frameworks and guidance and if a child is not reaching their full potential we will then refer them to the schools SENCO who will then develop an individual learning plan to help the children achieve small goals to enable them to reach the larger goal of their full potential. If the child still has problems following the intervention of has a problem that would be best dealt via an external agency then the SENCO will arrange this again for the child’s full potential and well-being at heart
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sarah jane the dragon is on a distinguished road

hi, really need to get my head round the last piece of work :( cypop 15 2.4 compare diffrent examples of how strategies and targets have been used to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs. it is the last bit i have to do and just can not get it started GGRRRR. any help would be greatfully recieved, thanks in advance :)
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah jane the dragon View Post
hi, really need to get my head round the last piece of work :( cypop 15 2.4 compare diffrent examples of how strategies and targets have been used to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs. it is the last bit i have to do and just can not get it started GGRRRR. any help would be greatfully recieved, thanks in advance :)
do you still need help with this? x
Unread 06-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
do you still need help with this? x
i need help with that -im hoping to be finsihed on tuesday -this is my final question and im very stuck