Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
sjp47

Help SOS 309 really need some help plz x

hi im new to silkysteps, was just wondering if anyone can help me on unit 309, its my last unit and im sooo close to finishing lvl 3 but i seem to have hit a brick wall.
ok i need help with these please!!
K3D321-Sources of support in respect of planning and curriculum development, drawing on available best
practice
K3D325-How children’s learning is affected by their stage of development
K3D326-The importance and implications of a differentiated approach to the provision of learning experiences for children
K3D327-The effects of low self-esteem and lack of confidence on learning
K3D328-The benefits to children of learning through play and not relying on formal experiences and
activities that are inappropriate for the child's age, needs and abilities
K3D329-How to support and extend play opportunities to encourage learning
K3D330-That children learn in different ways and have individual learning styles and preferences
K3D332-How you adapt your practice to meet the individual needs of all the children in your setting,
including different ages, gender, cultures and ethnicities, needs, abilities and learning styles

I would really appriciate any hep anyone could give me
thank you
sarah xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

laura1987 is on a distinguished road

K3D325- How children’s learning is affected by their stage of development

All children develop at different rates and will develop sometimes quicker in other areas than others e.g a child may enjoy physical activtys such as playing catch with a ball but are not as strong at creative activites e.g sticking.

make sure you mention that all children are individuals and it is important to plan for each individual child to help them to develop further.

hope that helps!
Unread 05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

For: K3D326 - this reply from our member tutu
Quote:
every child's different hence every child learns differently and therefore we the educators must ensure we are meeting those differences when we are providing.
Source - thread and an excellent page from Dorset.gov.uk - Meeting Childrens needs

K3D327: The effects of low self-esteem and lack of confidence on learning googled, there's lots of good results to have a look through

K3D328: Play allows the freedom of choice and unrestricted development of self - what is play from Valeofglamorgan.gov.uk - what is formal learning from BOTA glossary - Why learning through play search. Formal learning can place restraints on time, resources and on the ability to allow flexibility, creativity and individuality.

If you've time this article All to play for ifrom CYPNow is very good.

Choosing activities that are suitable comes down to not making something so difficult that Children may fail. That they are not so easy they hold no stimuli and that differentiating helps make sure things are challenging, attainable and also where appropriate are well within reach to support a new or next move or to support prior learning for reassurance ..

To help with your other points have a look for ' Children's learning styles

K3D332: Do you meet with other staff members to discuss needs, are policies looked at, updated / implemented and changed to meet needs.
Do you introduce, research or consider introducing new practices/resources and professional advice to help meet the Children's needs, are parents always part of the process and how are their thoughts used to impove your groups provision. How do you use gender, culture, ethnicity, abilities and ages to ensure your planning & activities are inclusive for all ...

Hope this all helps start things off for you
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 06-28-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed all to play for link sorry, it's registration to view.
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jesika is on a distinguished road

For questions K3D330, K3D332, K3D325 & K3D326
I found the following web sites quite helpful !

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-and...ay-714255.html

http://www.niu.edu/ccc/curriculum/learn_play.shtml

http://www.essortment.com/all/whatdochildren_rgzd.htm

Remember some key factors:
Each child is unique and they all learn at different speeds, different stages, and all have different learning styles.
A child’s learning ability is greatly affected by their current stage of development.
A child’s stage of development may overlap or be associated with specific or other aspects of development, such as speech or physical ability. Even within a particular developmental area, transition into a stage may not mean that the previous stage is completely finished yet.
Although we see developmental change running parallel with a child’s age, it is not always that simple and basic. The basic causes of the different developmental stages are also genetic and environmental factors.
This is where adapting practice and the setting come into play with the care of children.
Unread 06-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nicknacks is on a distinguished road
304 K3d323

Effective use of ICT to support the curriculum. I have no idea how to cover this but of the unit, any ideas would be great. Am i just being really stupid or having a really dense moment?
Unread 06-28-2009, 07:50 AM
butterfly 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknacks View Post
Effective use of ICT to support the curriculum. I have no idea how to cover this but of the unit, any ideas would be great. Am i just being really stupid or having a really dense moment?

Not sure what age group you work with but this should work for most.
Choose a topic e.g. art or math.
Give an example of how you would use a computer to support a particular area (bare in mind curriculum). Show how you use it to support this particular area (MD). Add on other areas which are supported (PD gross motor and hand eye co-ordination, CD, logic etc) hope this helps.
If you have any policies relating to internet safety you could built these in ,too.
Hope this helps!
Unread 06-28-2009, 07:56 AM
butterfly 2

"its my last unit and im sooo close to finishing"

Have you tried to go through your finished units and cross-reference. Some of these you will probably have covered already! (e.g. K3D332 sure have had this in one of the mandatory units). Might safe you some time!
Unread 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

alison40 is on a distinguished road

ict can cover not only computers but includes light boxes to look at objects remote controlled items/digital cameras hope this will help.
Unread 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Tracy17

My manager told me to think as ICT as any object that has a battery, plug or a chip in. I found this really helpful when I tackled this question.
Unread 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Nickmealey94 is on a distinguished road

help pleaaeee

explain how the development of children and young people affects their play needs and preferences