Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

ilovedisney is on a distinguished road
Help SOS partnership working and behaviour expectations HELP

hi everyone,
this is my first post, but have been using this site for a while now, so id like to say thank you all for your help!

ive had my assignment send back (303) as im missing some of the range. it was such a big assignment i knew this would happen :(

the question is regarding partnership working. i need to explain what partnership working is, which i think i have done, and the benefits to the child. heres the range:
explain the-
*understanding of expectations about their behavior
*understanding of goals and boundaries

i am completely stuck which what to include so any ideas would be so appreciated. thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a very warm welcome to the site. Was your tutor or assessor able to give you any feedback on your work and maybe suggest where the gaps are?

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-03-2017, 05:23 PM

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I asked her yesterday but haven't had a reply yet. To be honest I don't think she's able to help me much with this one as it's one of the big set assignments.
I'm hoping to receive a reply from her soon or hopefully someone here can help as I only have limited evenings I can work on my assignments.
Unread 05-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, yes, hopefully they'll be in touch soon, your tutor knows exactly what you've already written, which parts of the assignment you've met and therefore which parts you haven't, that's how they're able to return it to you as incomplete.

I'm sure members will help out where they can :) best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

Although the terms behavior expectations and rules are often used interchangeably, they actually refer to different things. Behavior expectations can be defined as broad goals for behavior or the general ways that teachers would like children to act. They serve as guidelines for behavior and apply to all children across all settings. In addition, behavior expectations apply to the adults in these settings.

Ideally, behavior expectations are developed for the entire school or center and are used as a framework for helping teachers to establish rules and provide guidance to children. Because behavior expectations are often broad concepts and somewhat abstract for very young children, teachers should create rules to help clarify their meaning as they are applied within specific activities and contexts. Teachers who work in centers where such expectations are not in place can still establish rules and expectations to guide children’s behavior.
Sample Behavior Expectations
•Be safe
•Be responsible
•Be respectful
Unread 05-03-2017, 06:39 PM

Boundaries These are the limits within which behaviour is acceptable – they identify what may, and may not, be done or said. Children and young people need to understand the consequences of not acting within those boundaries. It is important that the boundaries are appropriate for the age and stage of development.

Examples of boundaries for young children are that they may:

● play outside – but must not tread on the fl owerbeds
● watch television – but only until tea is ready
● use the dressing- up clothes – if they put them away when they have fi nished.

Examples of boundaries for older children and young people are that they may:
● use the internet – but only for agreed periods
● visit their friends’ houses – as long as they always let you know where they are
Unread 12-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sarah.L is on a distinguished road

Hi Ilovedisney, I think this is the assignment I have just been given and was wondering if you could offer any advice? I started the level 3 in sept this year after previously completing the level 2 but this is my first assignment and I must admit I'm struggling! I'm older than most of the students in my class and have 3 children and a part time job in a primary school so struggle to find time but I really do need to crack on with it, so to speak! I understand it is an information booklet regarding safeguarding and have done a front cover so far, and an introduction explaining the importance of safeguarding. Am I heading in the right direction.....is it literally just putting together an information booklet for practitioners?
Thanks in advance!
Sarah :)
Unread 12-31-2017, 02:06 PM

Hi, Sarah

Are you doing a city and guilds course level 3. Is it the big assignment for Unit 303 safe guarding that you are stuck on. I have done all the assignments I have just got the last part of 313 CPD left and the last big assignment for unit 402 observations and assessment's. let me know what you are stuck on I will try and help you.
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:41 PM

Hi I'm in the same situation as you. I'm older with two kids and work in a nursery.
Which part are you stuck with?

I cant remember all the questions but looking back at my saved assignments, task a was a booklet about safeguarding policies and procedures.
Is this the part you're on about?
Unread 01-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sarah.L is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, happy new year!
Thanks for the replies yes I'm doing the city and guilds level 3 and yes its the big assignment on safeguarding. We have been asked to complete task c first which is the 'policy and case studies' updating it after recent safeguarding training. I got confused with task a which is the information booklet! I think I know what to write for task c just not sure how to present it as I confused myself thinking it was the information booklet :/
If anyone can offer any advice on how they answered task c it would be greatly appreciated :-)