Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-29-2018, 09:34 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lau1993 is on a distinguished road
I have a question Assignment 303 task c policy and case studies

I've been trying to do this for so long but I just can't work it out!!!

For each case study:
Identify if the disclosure is a direct disclose or a suspicion/concern and describe how practitioners should respond
Explain the practitioners role, responsibilities and actions to be taken, including the strategies that can be used to support the children and their parents
Explain what 'partnership working' means and the benefits to the children

Anyone have the answers? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2018, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, it'll help if you have your setting's safeguarding and child protection policy and a colleague who can confirm the procedures for you.

For the first criteria you need to look at the wording in the case study to determine exactly what's being said (post the case study on this thread if you'd like more help)

and then in order to explain the role (what a person's position is in the setting) the responsibilities (what jobs they are expected to do in the setting - look in your setting's policy/job contract/staff handbook) and the actions that need to be taken (the procedures of a policy) you need to identify who's mentioned in the case study and use your handbook or the information from your setting.

For example you can read about the Key person role and responsibilities on various pages of this EYE book on amazon. Use the index if you have a copy or search inside for key person where you'll find some sample pages to help) alternatively your setting may have details about their key person system that you can use.

Key person on page 10, 22, 33 & 34 of the EYFS framework

The benefits of parent partnerships can be read on page 94 - search inside for parent partnership

Hope this helps a little x
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-31-2018, 01:08 PM

tryingmybest is on a distinguished road
Default 303 Task C

Hello, can anyone help get me started on this task please?
I need to update a section of the safeguarding policy, I have an idea of what I'd like to update but can't find my footing to begin whilst covering the underlying factors of abuse and the roles and responsibilities of various agencies. Please help I'd really love it if I could crack this one out today
Unread 12-31-2018, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Hi, what section are you looking to update?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-31-2018, 02:36 PM

Hi, I am updating the policy of mobile phone use and safeguarding children.
This part I've been hacking away at and its looking ok so far. I've adapted it to include the school run staff to have access to a basic work mobile phone with no ability to record or take photographs and also said that vehicles used for school runs should have dash cams with the footage monitored on a regular basis and footage will also be used for training purposes.

I'm just copying and pasting my previous work of the types of abuse into the policy (tutor said I can do this) but I'm concerned that its not flowing well and reads a little choppy. I do tend to over think therefore overwork so I'm hoping I'm doing okay?
Any guidance is much appreciated!
Unread 12-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Sounds good. You're right that best pratice would involve adults having an effective way to contact the most relevant people, avoid personal expense and ensure everyone is aware of the setting's exisitng phone & video policy.

The dash cam suggestion is interesting. School owned vehicles or privately owned, insurance discounts? This page on which.co.uk explores dash cams and the law

NSPCC has for staying safe online and on mobile

Best wishes, and have a happy, stressfree new year xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Thank you.

Stressfree, yes please! Have a wonderful new year! x