Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > Books and storytelling

Books and storytelling Book themed activity ideas, reviews and suggestions to support young children's love and enjoyment of text and pictures that tell stories

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road
Default make ure own books

does anyone make their own books? i used to do this with the children at nursery. either big class books or small ones to put in the writing area for the children to write thier own. these were loved by the kids!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I just took one of my little ones on an outing and photographed her at every turn... then when I got back put all the photos into Word, made them smaller and put some simple text by the side. I've presented it in a cheapie file from tesco and she was absolutely delighted - 'it's me! look dad' Took a bit of time but worth it for the smile!
I believe Ofsted are quite keen on photo diaries as well!!!!
Sarah x

www.mychildminder.tk
Unread 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

We've used small photo albums to cut out pictures and slip them in the pockets, they're just the right size for small hands and if they get bored with the pictures you take them out and replace them, also we make scrapbooks and photpgraph albums of the children[with parental consent ] which they love.
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

One year we took photos and put each child's pic on their own calendar front for the parents (christmas time!!) the poor committee members that volunteered to do it said never again, lol but the parents and Children loved them.
the cost of ad blockers