Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rlg2706 is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 301 K3C160

I have to answer this question written or verbally

" How do you adapt your behaviour and communication with children to meet the needs of different genders"

I'm not sure that I do. I treat each child as an individual and adapt to each child regardless of their ***.

Does anyone have any ideas please???

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

I'd say that was a pretty good answer lol.

For a reflective account to evidence that could you possibly use a situation where planning or play may of been unbalanced maybe favouring one gender over the other?

Dolls house, small cars, sit n rides, dealing with conflict ..

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rlg2706 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help. I also spoke to my assessor about this question so thought I would post her comments incase anyone else is stuck on the same question. She said to think about how you speak to older children (I was thinking more about pre-school age) because you may adapt your conversation or behaviour e.g. it could be more likely that an older boy would want to talk about or play football. Even if you are not interested in this topic and wouldn't normally want to talk about it, you would have to adapt to take an interest in that child. I can relate to that as I have a football mad son who is 9!
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shannon123 is on a distinguished road

hi can any one help me please iam stuck on k3c160 how to adapt you behaviour and communication with children to meet the needs of children in your care of different ages,gender,ethnicities,needs and abillties
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

theresamccaughey is on a distinguished road

Try using non verbal communication with a child who is deaf.. clapping hands when a child has done something new raise arm to letthe child know to stop point to your eyes then to an object to get the child to look at it.

how you behave in front of children may need to be adapted. younger children may be very sensitive. Don't stand over them, kneel down to their level and use eye contact when talking to child or correcting unwanted behaviour.
try putting ke number into the search box at top of page on the right. It usually worked for me.