Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

wendy latimer is on a distinguished road
Default k3d207

hi can anyone help me with this question as it's late and i am pulling my hair out
k3d207
your settings processes and procedures for observing,assessing and recording,when and how these link to external requirements or baselines or curriculum frameworks followed in your home country.

from a childminders point of view

thank's
wendy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rak is on a distinguished road

this is what i wrote wendy and its been marked off!

Observations is essential in my setting for all staff so that we are able to recognize any learning difficulties, likes/dislikes, and any discomforts each individual child may have. Also if a child comes from a strong cultural background that only allows them to take part in certain focus activities. This is why we as practitioners need to ensure we observe and record certain things we see and hear from the children to mark their development stages to ensure we follow the guidelines of the development stages they are at, we then cross reference this to the EYFS making sure that when we plan and observe we link and evaluate the observations to the EYFS. This way we can provide focus activities for each child based on the finding of the observations. We also use this information to provide next steps to encourage further development of each child.

Doing observations gives us a better understanding of the child individual personality and character of what he or she is capable of doing, recognizing our boundaries.

We see each child change becoming confident and independent and happy when they choose free play which builds a good self esteem. We observe to encourage children to take risks and challenges in their everyday life by supporting their needs at all times. Some of the observations we use at my setting are:

Photographic observations: this provides a detailed account of the activity taking place, the resource used, and is linked to the EYFS and we also provide next step for each child’s development. Photographs are used to back up the written evidence in the observations to show exactly what the child is doing.

Free description: this gives us information on what the child is doing, how the child is reacting e.g. facial expressions, body posture and anything said. It is then linked to the EYFS and added to the folder.

Group observation: this is where we observe a group of children participating in the same activity, the activity is linked to the EYFS and next steps are provided for each individual child.

-----------------------
(c) copyright protected
Read, evaluat and re-write in own words to avoid plagiarism
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:42 PM

thank you so much this is a great help i don't know what i would do without this fantastic website you are all a great help
thank's again
wendy
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:11 PM

Default Level 3

so how far have u done wendy? how u getting on?

seems like iv been doing it for ages, really want to get it done before summer time, i dont fancy staying indoors doing my work!!!:reading:
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:01 AM

i started mine in july2010 my assesser gave me some work for summer hols and visits me once a month, very nice lady apart from she has a stutter so she tends to give me loads of work to do.she has set me 303 to do in four weeks which i am finding abit hard as i work over 50 hours a week and also have my own children and all the other stuff we mothers have to do. i am very good at talking but find it hard sometimes to put into words(most people say it' my age) but plodding on.
wendy
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:15 PM

aw so when do u intend to finish it by?
my assessor doesnt mark my work soo often i have to nag her to do it!!! am starting my 306 and still need to do 4 more units :reading: its going on n on n on....
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:06 AM

she want's me to have it finished before the summer holidays
wendy
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:13 PM

i want to finish it by then as well. inbox me n il c if i can help u?