Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

MrsHammond is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp3 1.1

Hi guys,
Basically just wanted for someone to give me reassurance that I'm going down the right track as I have been researching this question for an unbelieveable amount of time and at my wits end.

So I am having to look at the Early years foundation phase with being in Wales and from what I am guessing (although probably completely wrong) I have put down:-

Information on service -
• information
• contract

Planning for individual needs and preferences-
• Assessment
• Meeting individual needs
• Records

Empowering service users, needs and preferences -
• Working in partnership with parents
• Opportunities for play and learning

Quality of care-
• Nurture and Well being
• Behaviour
• Healthcare
• Medication
• Food and drink

Staffing
• Suitable person

Conduct and management of the service
• Organisation
• Staffing ratios
• Equal opportunities
• Financial procedures
• Quality Assurance

And so on...

What I was thinking I need to do is then give some information next to each bullet point???

Please can anyone tell me if I am heading in the right direction or if not lead me in the right path.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

MrsHammond is on a distinguished road

and now after going ahead and writing what I thought, I think I may have realised what I am supposed to write :/

Instead of writing it in headings and bullet points, I am now thinking along the lines of that I should write it in paragraph form and link what is written in the framework/standards with what we do in our setting.

This is what I have started to write instead...

Parents and children who are interested in attending our setting are encouraged to come to our meet and greet days. This is our opportunity to provide parents with information packs as well as orally discussing activities provided and arrangements. During this meeting we discuss arrival and collection times, opening hours, staff members etc. We also use this opportunity for parents to read through and sign our contract filling out all information regarding the child such as age, date of birth up to date immunisations. Emergency contact information is also provided on the contract and any medicines in use, allergies or intolerances.
We use this meet and greet opportunity to become familiar with the children and their parents, having one to one discussion about any needs or preferences the child/ parent may have so that these can be accommodated ready for when the child attends the setting.

This is only just the start of it but thought Id put it up in case im still wrong

Honestly this work is sending me batty, constantly rethinking what I am writing and endless hours of research. Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel...one day
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:04 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Explain the welfare requirements and guidance of the relevant early years framework. this is 1.1?

you need to explain what they EYFS is, its legislative power and the requirements in makes on settings not just the things the settings HAVE to do legally but also the things it should do. not sure what you're answering above.

In ALL the tasks you need to write academically tho sis level 3 A level so a good standard of english and academic rigour is required.