Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rak is on a distinguished road
Default Stepping stones ( Steps and cones) activity

PLEASE help iv asked already but am asking again!:blush:

i need to plan and organise a physical activity, i need to demonstrate how to organie and move the furniture and equipment areound so that the activity can be carried out safely, the activity can be carried out in the room or outside in the garden.

i need to do risk assessment for the activity, detailing how safely i moved the furniture and environment around to accomodate the activity freely.

i need to create a display from this activity showing chidlrens creativity, buildson thier self estem and creativity. does it meet all childrens needs, according to the age, abilities and any additional requirements.

this activity is how i organise space and resources to meet childrens' needs.

i was thinking to do a stepping stones ( steps and cones)activity, what do u think?

please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Racheleuro is on a distinguished road

What is the stepping stones activity and what does it involve? and can it be adapted for four years old who are learning English as a second language?
Unread 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheleuro View Post
What is the stepping stones activity and what does it involve? and can it be adapted for four years old who are learning English as a second language?
different colour steps each attached to one another with a string. and the cones ( parking bay) but smaller version for kids.

let the children step on the steps and count and hold the hand of the child so the child doesnt fall, they have to reach the cone, to finish the game or win.

does that make sense/or sound good. or shall i do something else please give ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

start with your room and risk assessment look at what you need to move and how you will do it. then look at the children and target any specific needs. finally fine tune your activity and make a quick plan first we will..., then we will..., finally we will...,
at the end look back at your risk assessment ad target children and review them to see if you covered everything. hope this helps!!
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnoah View Post
start with your room and risk assessment look at what you need to move and how you will do it. then look at the children and target any specific needs. finally fine tune your activity and make a quick plan first we will..., then we will..., finally we will...,
at the end look back at your risk assessment ad target children and review them to see if you covered everything. hope this helps!!
ta 4 ur help getting somewhere now