Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ur1328 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Cyp Core 3.6 - 3.1, 3.2,3.3

[b]help
Almost finished this unit cannot get my head round last part

3.1 Demonstrate own contribution to the development or implementation of processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information.

3.2 demonstrate how to maintain secure recording and storage systems for information

paper based
electronic

3.3 Analyse, the potential tension between maintaining confidentiality with the need to disclose information:

where abuse of a child or young person is suspected
when it is suspected that a crime has been/may be committed

really hope someone can help me x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Depending on the setting your in, what type of observations do you make? Do you record daily diaries/journals of children such as times they slept/ate/changed nappies? Or timed observations to put towards their learning profile? Once you have made these records, where do you keep them? Who has access to them? How do you share the relevant information with parents/ carers or colleagues? Try to refer back to your settings policies and procedures regarding the sharing of information and data protection/ confidentiality etc. Think about the things you do in your setting that contributes and why you do it, as it is a demonstrate.

You can link on from 3.1, where are theses records stored? If paper based who has access to the files, are they in a locked room etc. Same for electronic, to access or obtain personal information is it password protected, are only the senior members of staff able to get the personal information? If you think about these and then how you maintain the secure systems in your role and why it is important to do so.

I know when I was doing this I was a student and I found it hard to demonstrate as I had restricted access to the data, I was able to talk through with my mentor though and then report back to my assessor for a professional discussion to cover this outcome.

The potential tension maybe between yourself, other colleagues, the child/young person or their parents/carers. What would you do if you thought a child was being abused (this can be physical, emotional or sexual), there maybe tension between you and the parents/carers by doing your duty and disclosing the information to senior staff or social services. Tension may arise because a young person may have trusted you with this information and you had to tell the appropriate professionals for them get support. Make it clear though of the steps you would take to handle such information appropriately and why it is in your duty to do this as the child is priority and it mustn't be left untreated if abuse is happening.
Think along the same lines with the crime as well? Perhaps if another colleague was not carrying out their duty of care and committing a crime, think along the whistleblowing policy and procedures but also how the tension would be within the setting if that colleague was seen as respectable.
Try and think of all the possible scenarios of children, young adults or even their parents committing a crime, what impact would it have on the child. In that respect it must be taken seriously but even so there still be tension.
As it is analyse though, cut it down into sections and explain both sides, the duty to maintain confidentiality (who do you tell? is it rumours or gossip?), suggest the support that can be given and also when and how it is appropriate to act and disclose such information.

Hope this all makes sense, and helps
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ur1328 is on a distinguished road

thanks that has helped think I have had a brain freeze lol but thanks again you have unfroze my brain lol x