Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kell83 is on a distinguished road
General question help linking activity to eyfs?X

hey i have just started level 3 and have to plan a creative activity for 2-3 year olds. i have thought about my activity which is going to be making bears with paper plates,i have got different shades of brown felt,googly eyes and pom poms for the nose for them to cut and stick to create the bears face, as we are doing goldilocks and the three bears.i am also going to have a tray with things u would find in the woods. problem is i dont know what in the eyfs i am linking it to as i have never done planning before.xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell83 View Post
hey i have just started level 3 and have to plan a creative activity for 2-3 year olds. i have thought about my activity which is going to be making bears with paper plates,i have got different shades of brown felt,googly eyes and pom poms for the nose for them to cut and stick to create the bears face, as we are doing goldilocks and the three bears.i am also going to have a tray with things u would find in the woods. problem is i dont know what in the eyfs i am linking it to as i have never done planning before.xx

Do you have an EYFS guidance pack?

If so, you can look at the third section of effective practice and you could also look at the planning and resource column - this will allow you to match up what you are doing and then you could read the first two columns - development stage of the child and the next column that will help you to observe for possible next steps.

Or you could start by looking at the development section of the children you are providing the activity for and go around their learning and interests - you can still use your ideas, but you adapt so all children are included.

I could tell you what you are covering in your activity, but if you read up. 'play around' with your thoughts and knowledge (whether it is new or not), it will help you for the future, so you'll be able to think off the top of your head automatically.

If you take any activity and turn it this way, that way, and again - you can cover everything i.e. if you did a bear hunt dance this could come under creative development and the children might feel pleased and proud of their performance - this can be found in PSE, if you talked about it afterwards, communication and language is covered and so on through all the learning areas.

You have lots of scope in th activities you have mentioned, they sound lovely, I know you are nervous of getting it all right so don't forget those little things that will make it perfect - let the children make up their bear faces any which way they like - all their own work - very good PSE, counting eyes etc - PSRN there, and let the activities- be they gluing, dancing or story telling go with the children. Don't be afraid for them to take it somewhere off your planning - children like to do that! Stay relaxed and adapt on the hoof and feel privileged that they like your topic so much, they are extending it themselves.

Best of luck.
Unread 09-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kell83 is on a distinguished road
thank you so so much, i can get hold of the eyfs book at work im sure,but i understand what you mean,feel much better now. thankyou hun xx