Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cg78 is on a distinguished road
Default last task pleeeease help me !!! shc 32

================================================== ==========
Find help and support for unit SHC 32 here - engage in personal development
================================================== ==========

Hi there can anyoneplease please help me. I am doing my very last task and itis shc32 1.1/1.2.
1.1-I have to describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role- the problem I have is that it doesnt state them in my contract and I have no one to ask as its the holidays.
And also explain expectations about own work role asexpressed in therelevent standards.
Any help would be so greatly appreciated.... My head is now officially on overload and I only have this task left to do. many thanks in advance xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

You need to just write up what your role has been and what you have done during your time in placement. Just write a job description as if you were writing a CV. You then need to say how you have met this and reflect on how you have performed since you started.

HTH
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Hi thankyou so much for your reply. I have wrote what I have been doing in myjob role butia really stuck on crossing it over to relevant standards? I have looked atthem through a link on here and my head nearly exploded, can anyone break them down for me.
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:41 PM

My tutor said that everything that you write about in your job description covers the standards so don't worry about that too much, the main part is reflecting on your experiences and how you have improved and knowing where you need to improve. This was enough for me and had it all signed off.
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Hi againthankyou for your reply. so far Ihave put that my roles and responsibilities are
My roles and responsibilities are:
• To supervise children inside and out.
• To plan and prepare resources for activities to support all areas of development
• To support the class teachers and nursery nurse
• To support and develop children in all areas of their development
• To be flexible in my work role allowing myself to be placed in another role should it be required
• To liaise with parents/carers
• To work effectively with other agencies
• To enforce class rules and expected behaviours ( age and stage appropriate)
• To ensure I am up to date with all policies and procedures
• To ensure I am up to date with all policies and procedures such as safeguarding, health and safety , the welfare requirements, manual handling, etc
• To ensure that activities support all areas of development as stated in the eyfs
• To ensure that the childs welfare is main priority

am i going along therightlines? excuse the mish mash of text it justcame out thatway
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Sounds good.

I've got my file to hand now and I broke it down into support for the teacher, children and general and used the information that you have above and put it into these sections.

I then did a reflective account on how I feel that I have improved and used some of TDA 3.3 A.C 1.1, 1.2, 6.1 if you are doing this module, I did a lot of cross referencing about my time in the role and how I have improved.

HTH, pm me if you need any more help.
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charliechip is on a distinguished road

i am doing this now and have basically typed out the job description, with school related and child related, now have to cross reference them to the standards, why do i always do things in the holidays when there is no one at school for advise! Must get more organised .
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

julieannedrew is on a distinguished road

can anyone help me with shc 32 1.1 as i have just started this and not long been in my setting as a volunteer and not sure what to put down can anyone point me in the right driection or give me a guide line to go off i would be very greatful for any help
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Prabz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys I’m really struggling with question “e.Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards.” How would I answer this question? What is it asking me? so confused! It would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabz View Post
Hi Guys I’m really struggling with question “e.Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards.” How would I answer this question? What is it asking me? so confused! It would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks
Hi,
This is basically asking you to show that you understand what you do and why in your role against the relevant standards put in place legally and for everyone within a professional role to follow.
Relevant standards will include many of the legislations and acts that are put in place legally and you follow through your settings policies and procedures. You must evaluate and reflect on your own knowledge, understanding and how you put this into practice - your daily work.
For example, depending on the setting you are in do you handle/prepare food? In that case i am sure you follow procedures on how you handle, store and cook this food - food hygiene.
Think of other things such as health and safety, do you regularly carry out risks assessments? Explain why you do this and why it is important to do so.
Look at the Every Child Matters agenda and the five outcomes. What do you do in your work, duty of care, to make sure each child meets these outcomes?
Other areas to look at are safeguarding, equality and inclusion, personal hygiene etc.

To evaluate, give examples of what you do. Then explain why you do these things, what it means if you don't - not good practice? The negative effects on the children? You could perhaps back it up with quotes, with the references, from the relevant acts or legislations.

Hope this helps