Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

foxy123 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 305.3 Child protection - make a booklet for staff ?

305.3 Produce an information booklet for staff and carers which explains safeguarding children. Include information on signs and symptoms of abuse; a description of actions to take if a child or young person alleges harm or abuse in line with policies and procedures; an explanation of the rights of children and how you support children's self esteem and confidence; explain the lines of reporting and role of outside agencies.

Do I just have to look at my settings policies and procedures etc and demonstrate knowledge and understanding by basically putting it into my own words?????Seems like a lenghthy topic to be doing a booklet for this units complicated compared to the others I have whizzed through!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Here is a previous post I gave awhile ago - I hope it helps on the part you need you are asked for a booklet - how about adapting that to A5 size (4 sides) on the front you could head it up with your Pre-school and 'How we keep children safe....' or something like that. Then inside you could write of your child protection policies and procedures and ask for their help by supporting you in carrying them out to keep their child safe etc . i.e. please close the gates and doors as you enter and/or leave our premises to keep children safe, unsolicitored visitors and stray dogs out etc .

I am sure as long as you have covered everything and it is written clearly and sensitively for parents/carers it will fulfil the criteria you assessor has given. She isn't expecting booklets from candidates to all be the same - but needs to see your knowledge, understanding and how you are going to put it across for others to see - you may be the manager one day, doing exactly that.

Here's the previous answer:-

3.1 Follow organisational procedures - so that's your organisation/setting/nursery.
Look at your setting's policies and procedures and you will see what policies your setting has drawn up and why; you will have procedures to carry out
i.e. Is anyone allowed in your building?
How do you go about checking they are who they say they are?
What if a 'relative' turns up for a child?
Do you hand them over?

The procedures you carry out may be in list form - written or tick.
To maintain them, are you carrying them out daily? or when and why?

keep up to date with current training and courses, perhaps going over your policies and procedures at a staff meeting.

You can read/watch the media to see what is happening in the 'wider' community - Baby P, Vanessa George - how will you ensure this will not happen where you work and your setting is safe for children ?

3,2 Your local area - could have different policies and procedures to other areas or counties so you need to check/ask your manager. Normally you will have a telephone number (of a duty officer) to contact if you are in any doubt.

The link below should take you to the Blue flow Chart, if not search onlione for:

What to do if you're worried a child is being abused and click on the site for 'A Flow chart for referral.'

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...ZP6INdQW4LK5ug

If you display this poster and the telephone number/person you need to contact - that can be one of the procedures you carry out to safe guard children.
Unread 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

As an add to this thread, the page on Kirklees safeguarding children website is an excellent read - recognising signs of abuse
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

xxladylisaxx is on a distinguished road

i found this website very handy

http://www.lao.ca.gov/1996/010596_ch.../cw11096a.html