Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

85lla is on a distinguished road
supported by your own words/ tutor has not replied

hi all,
i am stuck lol again lol i have to outline the requirement of the UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child in relation to relaxation and play.
i have written abit which i think my tutor is happy with....
(this is what i have put)

The rights of the child treaty was set by world leaders in 1989 UN conventions to protect the rights of children and young people, this bid is to make sure all children/ young people are treated fairly and are not exploited.

There are fifty- four articles in the legislation, four of which are
Guiding principles
Participation rights
Survival and development rights
Protection rights

Under survival and development rights article 31 states “children have the right to relax and play, join in with a wide range of cultural, artistic and other recreational actives"

but she wrote to me saying
"Here a quote about Article 31 of the UNCRC can be given, but it must be supported by your own words"

i have messaged her but she has not replied. what does she mean supported by you own words?????

anything would be great

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, it means that once you've given the article 13 quote, you write about what it means & is trying to achieve by using your own words, this demonstrates your understanding of it.

xx

...................~*
Supporting silkysteps
For a list of level 3 diploma learner handbooks on amazon.co.uk
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:42 PM

so to demonstrate my understanding i would write about freely chosen play, engaging play and child driven play??
lol am i on the right lines?
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, 'supported by your own words involves re-writing something in your own way xx that's how it's possible to read eg. 10 separate documents that each explain what a UNCRC article is saying, each could read a little differently due to the authors using their own words and own way with words to support what's being said - in this case all the information that's provided in the uncrc's article 13 :)

How would you explain what article 13 is all about to a friend?
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:17 PM

great thank you it really helped :)