Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Closed Thread
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Egglett22 is on a distinguished road
Default What is a evidence based approach? and how can it inform own pratice.

Is this something that you plan in your setting to work on, E.G I wrote about the strategy we thought up between us as to when one certain child is not listening we turn around and say 'I'm sad now' and pretend to be upset. They would stop what they was doing and come to us, we would reward them for listening and this proved out to work? I wrote about how we used consistency and that the child started to understand but sometime would just keep doing what they was weren't supposed to be doing... also wrote how we would review it and plan from that

Am I along the right lines or drifting onto something different all together?

Thanks Guys!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-14-2015, 04:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

evidence is research, what do you do every day that is based on research. it is not about your own evidence i.e. observation.
Unread 01-14-2015, 08:05 PM

So what I have wrote about it not right ?
Unread 01-14-2015, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, there's a thread here that might help http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16026

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-15-2015, 10:37 PM

my tutor asked me this 'Can you think of strategies which you use in your practice that are tried and tested?' so will what you sent me help me or do I need to write about my setting like I have ?
Unread 01-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Hi, not like you have sorry. Did you reply to your tutor? is it EYMP 4 unit regarding professional practice in early years settings? they'll be able to offer you the research you need to read in order to know what to write about.

Please try to secure a handbook, there's supportive reading on page 280 of the Heinemann learner book for this.

QUOTE from an alternative handbook - Collins

Evidence based practice

The fact that early years care and education frameworks are based on the findings of the research projects mentioned above* has been an important factor in convincing the government and public of the importance of the early years. This is what is meant by evidence-based practice. The frameworks are based on the findings of acknowledged, stringent research projects.
* EPPE, REPEY, KEEP, Equality act 2010, UNCRC, Early years framework eg. England's EYFS

What you've written about links to a way you 'support positive behaviour' but you need to look more at the why rather than the details of how. eg 'In our setting we implement (EYFS 2014?) a framework influenced by research and guided by law. It states 'quote pg 8: Personal, social and emotional development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves, and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings; to understand appropriate behaviour in groups; and to have confidence in their own abilities.

All that is underpinned by research that has evidenced why it's beneficial for children to develop in these ways - ECM and best outcomes

Maybe go on to explain how your setting does this eg. the ideas we have for helping children to manage behaviour are about valuing each other, sharing, turn taking, negotiation and communication. We have a report book for incidents and work closely with our parents to support children in all their environments. See what your setting's policy and procedures say about your role in this.

Another strategy you almost certainly encounter daily is parent partnerships - EYFS/ and other frameworks recognise the research behind why parent partnerships are important. Maybe look at how you and your setting's parents work together? Early years frameworks take their recommendations from a number of influences and the research conducted by Charles Desforges; The impact of parent partnerships.

Another is valuing training opportunities, appraisals, your own professional development and consistency, this links to KEEP key elements of effective practice which is a publication that brings together findings from the EPPE and REPEY research and looks at what makes for high quality, effective early years provision.

I hope this helps a little more

Current Early years Research from National Foundation for Educational Research
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-18-2015, 06:53 PM

No its not 'EYMP 4 unit regarding professional practice in early years settings'
It. I am doing my Level 3 children and young peoples workforce.
The question is Unit 1 understanding children's early years education and development - Outcome 2.1 - 2.4 understand evidence based approaches to child development - outcomes 2.4 evaluate how evidence based approaches can inform own practice?
I have emailed my tutor my work, she said she will look at it for me to see if it is right. because I just cant get my head around it! Thanks for your help anyway xx
Unread 01-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Administrator

that's good xx understanding the sheer scope of early years in the UK and the importance other countries place in it as a service and as a profession can be quite an 'oh' experience :)

let us know what they say
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-25-2015, 06:22 PM

My tutor marked my work and she said 'well done and a fantastic example to show that you understood the question' :)

Thanks so much for your help xx
Unread 01-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Administrator

ah that's excellent :) you don't mention which creditable or 'official' evidence & research you included information about that justifies why your setting's strategy/idea for listening ears & looking eyes is a good one so a huge well done xx
the cost of ad blockers
Closed Thread