Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Popular early years themes and children's topics of interest > All about me

All about me A forum full of activities to support the theme of myself, ourselves, my life, growing up, my name, body, friends, family, likes and dislikes

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road
Notebook all about me - for babies

can anyone help me to compile a list of actvities that i can do with little ones based around all about me? I have a 3month old, two 1yr olds and a 22month old to plan for. thanks in advance guys

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Drawing round hands and feet has always gone down well with my 2 1/2 year old, you could do a few, cut them out and make a garland.
Unread 01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Lots of messy play for self discovery ... but only as long as you love clearing up lol ,

a Shallow water tray (like a greenhouse pot plant holder/stand) fill it with water and give them some funnels, spoons and dry sand.

They'll learn how to pick up/scoop, pour and also probably how not to try eating sand again lol

Hand painting onto a large mirror is also a good activity - and if you're worried about them eating paint try making your own gel by using cornflour or arrowroot (which is the 'proper ingredient to use !!) mixed with water - add a little food colouring and cook until it forms a thick gel.
Paint it onto their hands and get them to experiment moving them over the surface of the mirror - in a way they also 'colour themselves in as they watch what their hands are doing !!!

Edible playdough is also good - I've used a tin of ready mixed custard and rolled porridge oats kneaded together before (actually tasted quite nice !!) have also heard of Chocolate based one .. not sure where from now ..

For the baby lots of movement stimulation with mobiles, gentle noise with rattles and lullabies ~ wind chimes can be brilliant ... and of course heaps & heaps of eye contact, smiles and hand holding/finger play

You could also perhaps make a list of 'todos for them at home .. Tooth care ~ can they bring their toothbrush over to show you .. you could draw it together and then paint / collage the picture ?

Will think on .. but hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Muffet View Post
Drawing round hands and feet has always gone down well with my 2 1/2 year old, you could do a few, cut them out and make a garland.

Or do handprints that make them into soemthing along with the handprint poem for Mothers Day.

Last edited by Chelltune : 01-20-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Pebbles1989 is on a distinguished road

i am having the same problem as my babies go from the youngest being 9 months to the eldest being 13 months, i have already put down what you guys have mentioned, has anyone else had any more ideas of what to do activity wise about me, myself and I with babies.

Thank you in advance