Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

freehugs is on a distinguished road
Help SOS SO CLOSE to finishing NVQ just need a bit more help!

Hi all

I am so close to finishing my NVQ but now I am stuck on the missing criteria, which has given me the most grief (and thus why they haven’t been finsed yet). SOS help head overload
I ave done some work on them, but I don't think nearly enough :(

Any help will be SO appreciated! The ones I am stuck on are:

3.4 Offer effective support to colleagues in conflict in a way that is consistent with organizational procedures

[PW3.19.5] Understand how to provide support to colleagues in a playwork team.

5.3 Describe the types of situations in which colleagues may need support and how to respond to these

(Again I have the situation but I am not 100% sure how to handle/respond them)
A colleague could use support in many situations, for example:

• If a child is becoming aggressive
• If a child uses offensive terminology (e.g. sexist, racist, homophobic etc)
• If a parent is becoming aggressive
• If a parent uses offensive terminology (e.g. sexist, racist, homophobic etc)
• If there is a conflict between staff members
• If a staff members appears to be tired or overworked

[PW3.20.1] Be able to develop relationships with parents, carers and families.

1.3 Respect the wishes of parents, carers and families within the limitations of agreed procedures, values and children’s rights

Each parents concern or inquiry would be treated as an individual case but within the policy guidelines

1.4 Respond promptly and positively to complaints and suggestions from parents, carers and families
• If a member of staff can respond to the complaint instantly, it will be carried out
• If action can not be carried out straight away, the play manger will be informed
• Record any complaints or suggestions in the daily evaluation

1.5 Respect confidential information about parents, carers and families as long as the children’s welfare is maintained

3.6 Explain how playwork organizations seek to balance the health, safety and security of the play environment with children and young people’s need for stimulation, risk and challenge

1.4 Summarise the types of indicators and objectives that can be used to evaluate play provision

1.1 Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.

Thank you!!!!! With

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

1.1 Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.

This is your job description, if your working, check your job description. what do you do from day to day. From setting up in the morning, greeting meeting parents, toileting, safeguarding, to feeding routines, cleaning, following policies and procedures as well as doing risk assessments and much more. :)
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

freehugs is on a distinguished road

Thank you :)
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

1.4 Summarise the types of indicators and objectives that can be used to evaluate play provision

This is another thread link, which may help you understand the question more.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10096

[PW3.19.5] Understand how to provide support to colleagues in a playwork team.

http://www.playworklondon.org.uk/upload/files/PW36.pdf

(Is this link any good for this question?)

And no problem, i try to help people the best i can i know how stressful it can be at times.
Good luck in advance as your nearly finished :)