Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Bookitty is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 052 Standards...

Hello, there is myself and a friend who is very stuck on these two criteria's...We have spoken to our tutor and she has not been able to get our heads around it! I thought that maybe someone on here would be able to help us please, before I bang my head on the wall!

Ok 1st one is:

Explain expectations about own work roleas expressed in relevant standards.
Standards are, codes of practice, regulations, minimum standards and national occupation standards.
I have researched these standards and got nowhere

The next one is:

Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards.

Please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

I went through the standards, mostly the eyfs, and picked out the points that applied to me. For example:

Observe and reflect on children’s spontaneous play
*Build on this by planning and resourcing a challenging environment which supports and extends specific areas of learning and extends and develops children’s language and communication in their play

Provide personalised learning, development and support tailored to the needs of individual children

Plan appropriate play and learning experiences based on the children’s needs and interests

Identify any concerns about a child’s development

Involve parents in their child’s learning and development

Get to know the child better

develop positive relationships with the child and their parents

Engage in regular cycles of planning and review; understand and engage in informed reflective practice
*Use assessments to plan the next steps in a child’s developmental progress and regularly review this approach

Work together with other practitioners and parents to support transitions

Regularly undergo risk assessments

So anything in those standards that applies directly to your role, talk about it :) For the next question use these points that you find and evaluate how you are performing against them.

Hope that helps :)
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Bookitty is on a distinguished road

OH my goodness...that makes soo much more sense! Thank you soo much, will get on with them tonight and pass the message onto my friend to read this post! I thought I had to write literally about all of the standards, but they just did not make sense to what I am doing in my job!
Thank you again, that is another unit I can get signed off
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

You're very welcome ^^ I know there's been so many times I couldn't see what on earth I was supposed to do, so I'm glad I could help someone else in this position :) Good luck with the rest of your course