Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, formal and informal learning links to the role of adults in children's learning, the preparedness of the environment to support both formal and informal learning, the type and accessibility of resources that are available.

If interested for background/personal reading maybe look at the impact of adult intervention or in playwork; adulteration, has for formal & informal learning - playcycle from oxfordshire.gov.uk, schema and sensory experiences.

From the CYPOP 30 unit
Formal creative activity may include:
 drama groups
 music groups
 art classes
 creative writing groups
 debating groups
 fashion design classes
 architectural design

Informal creative activity may include:
 creative thinking
 cooking
 baking
 flower arranging
 decorating
 computer gaming

from the CYPOP 7 unit:
2.1. Promoting creativity and creative learning e.g.
• developing imagination and imaginative play
• traditional creative arts
• music, dance and movement
• areas of learning such as mathematics, problem solving and exploration
• ICT

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

DAMSON DAWN is on a distinguished road
Coffee

That is along the lines I have done, thanks very much , (was finding it frustrating as seemed simple at first, but realized I needed more in my answer) well till the next time after the assessors pen strikes out!!
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM

raisinroisin is on a distinguished road

hi im stuck again on outcome 4 for supporting the creativity of children and young people.

it another demonstrate question where I have to demonstrate how to encourage and support children and young people to recognise how creativity can be used in all aspects of life!

don't know how to start this and is my last question of this unit
any help would be great thanks xx
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM

chaz999 is on a distinguished road

i had that signed off by just doing some simple springtime bonnets, you just need to demonstrate an activity where there is no set outcome and the children can use a range of resources to use creative thinking and do what they please x
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rosany is on a distinguished road

I finished this unit just a few minutes ago my tutor gave an excellent achievement
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

PreciousWills is on a distinguished road

Hi im currently doing this assignment, "explain evidence, approaches and theories about the benefits of creativity for the well being of children and young people. you will need to included the following approaches and theories -Howard Gardener -Robert Sternberg -Graham Wallas -Edward De Bono" HELP! Why is it so different has any one else had to do this?
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, not so different it's just that these theorists haven't been looked at on this thread xx

Both Robert Sternberg and Howard Gardener are psychologists and cognitive theorists. A few points to guide your research is that their cognitive theory examines the way in which children make associations and connections with things - eg. a tube becomes a rocket. It's thought that this understanding is a type of intelligence and suggests that children require many play opportunities so that they're able to make these connections through their first hand experiences, developing 'pockets of knowledge'

Graham Wallas is a psychologist who puts foward creativity as process - in that new ideas emerge as a process evolves. His 5 stage model explains the idea behind the theory - preparation, incubation, intimation, insight or illumination and verification. In addition to this he places importance on the unconcious mind and sleep as a componnet to solving problems.

Edward De Bono's theory places importance on creative thinking needing to be planned and organised, with problem solving needing to use a process or staged model - six thinking hats

There is also the nature nurtue debate and social, cultural & role model concepts that the heinemann cypop 7 chapter will help explore.

I hope this helps a little, best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LisaClaire is on a distinguished road

I'm just doing this assignment too and that's been a great help. I feel like I've been ploughing through Google for hours trying to find info on theories - I didn't have the guidance bit about exactly who to research!

I have included a bit on Reggio and EYFS (obviously!) and made a list of the potential benefits of creativity, but without actually crediting them to any particular theory, so I'll do some research on those theorists to back that up.

This is quite a good link too: http://www.handsonscotland.co.uk/flo..._of_creativity

and this: http://www.ncb.org.uk/media/77667/play_creativity.pdf
and this: http://www.nfer.ac.uk/nfer/publications/55502/55502.pdf

Thanks for your help Ruthierhyme! x
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:38 PM

jo-cool is on a distinguished road

Thanks SO much to everyone who contributed to tis thread! I found it so useful and finished this unit in probably a quater of the time it would have taken me otherwise!
THANKS! xxxx
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:13 AM

1982vicky is on a distinguished road

Hi ya I've just started this assignment so confused its cypop 30 1.1 and 1.2 any one suggest where to start ???